Advice

Amber

Jan 4, 2011
West Sussex
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me advice please. My mum is currently in a care home, I am her appointee with DWP and her pension is paid into my bank account and I receive invoices from the local authority for her contribution to her care which I have to pay from her pension.
I don't want to be the appointee any more and have the responsibility of paying her care contributions but there are no other family members who could take over from me, I have 2 sisters who both live in Australia. I have been paying her care bills for about 5 years now and I just don't want the responsibility any more.
Does anyone know if the DWP can pay her pension direct to the local authority and if so, she is left with approx. £22 per week personal allowance so how would my mum receive that, could it be paid direct to her care home personal allowance account?

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me advice please. My mum is currently in a care home, I am her appointee with DWP and her pension is paid into my bank account and I receive invoices from the local authority for her contribution to her care which I have to pay from her pension.
I don't want to be the appointee any more and have the responsibility of paying her care contributions but there are no other family members who could take over from me, I have 2 sisters who both live in Australia. I have been paying her care bills for about 5 years now and I just don't want the responsibility any more.
Does anyone know if the DWP can pay her pension direct to the local authority and if so, she is left with approx. £22 per week personal allowance so how would my mum receive that, could it be paid direct to her care home personal allowance account?

Call the DWP I am sure they will have the answers;

jannyg

May 11, 2013

My Father-in Law is in a care home his pension is paid into his current account and the care home is paid on a direct debit. This means I do not have the on-going responsibility of regular bills and FiL has the balance of his pension in his account. The manager at the care home may have other suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet