Advice

lorrainec83

Jun 8, 2020
Hi. I’m maybe posting in the wrong place. My mum is 65. She was diagnosed with alzheimer’s last year, she is on donepazil and for a while I think it made a difference, i don’t know though if maybe i just wanted to see it so imagined i did. The last 10 weeks have been challenging for me and mum. We live together. I work full time as a nurse so am out most days. My sister lives in Alva and also works with vulnerable adults and isn’t able to visit.
Mum has been deteriorating at a steady pace but the last 10 weeks it seems to have picked up speed and every day I see something changed. She is very frustrated at not being able to do things easily, not finding her words and also not being able to see her daughter and also her brothers and sisters. She is very angry a lot now too, probably on the back of being frustrated. I don’t know.
I feel desperately sad, for my mum mainly but also for me and my sister. In the past when I am down or unhappy I would speak to my mum about it but I can’t do that with this because it will upset her and she doesn’t need more upset.
She manages with day to day tasks, personal care etc and she has supportive sisters who facetime her and keep in touch.
I don’t know what I expect from posting this. I think I have just reached a point where I feel desperate.
Lorraine xx

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
can you talk to her brothers or sisters about it maybe theyve noticed it as well and may have some advice. facetiming is not the same as meeting them is she feeling rejected as doesnt understand why they cant come.

lorrainec83

Jun 8, 2020
can you talk to her brothers or sisters about it maybe theyve noticed it as well and may have some advice. facetiming is not the same as meeting them is she feeling rejected as doesnt understand why they cant come.
I spoke to one of her sisters and she has noticed too. My sister has as well. Mum seems to have a good grasp on lockdown most of the time. She has mentioned a few times feeling left out but she doesn’t tell me anything other than that. ive tried asking but she doesn’t tell me

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
would your mum speak to any of her siblings. she might not want to worry you or increase your work as you are already a nurse full time. maybe its like a mum / children thing where parents dont want to worry their children

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65