Adding to own blog?

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Help! Thought I'd added to what i wrote yesterday early this morning. No trace of what I wrote now. How do I add to it?? Katherine

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Together
I dont know what happend to your post, could you have clicked on preview to check it then not sent it or maybe it timed out ,

If this is to do with blogs that you asked about yesterday then u dont seem to have created one . I didpost on that thread how to, il post on it to bring it to the top to make it easier for u to find , am on mobile atm and it dont do links .

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Katherine

I can`t find your Blog.

When Kassy said you`d done it yesterday, I left well alone but your Profile does show you have no Blog entries, so where is it?

Kassy/Karen.
Can you send a link to Katherine`s Blog so I can see where you mean.

Katherine.
If you want to start again from the beginning, click on Blogs.
Then click on Create new post in the right hand corner.
When you`ve written your Blog you need to scroll right down to the bottom to Post now.

Hope this helps.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks kassy.

Katherine , I wonder if as lin said you wrote a draft? Below the draft window is the Post window.

Clear as mud, I`m sorry but it`s the only way I can explain it.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It can only be a Draft Kassy. I can`t think of any other explanation.

Katherine.

Can you copy and paste the`draft` if it is one, onto a Blog Post. Then we might be OK.

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
I thought the same as Kassy that it was a bit odd because I went to Katherine's blog and found it, but it did not allow me to comment and it said there were no entries.

Katherine, your blog is important stuff, and I think someone has already said it would have value on this part of TP and I think you would get a lot of support if you want to put it here, or in the tea room if you want it more restricted.

Maybe I should not say that but I would so like you to get the full support you really need from all of us.

with love,
Pippa xx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Hello, together/Katherine,

I've read your first blog entry and you do need to let it all out. Somehow - or other. You've got to release it all - how you do that is up to you. But out is better than in.

I have the most enormous empathy with what you have written - because I also have the most horrific memories that will not go away of my own relative's days in a care home, and then in hospital. Those memories will be with you for a long time. So whatever way you can find to let it all out - do it. It won't make the memories go away - but it may allow you to breathe again.

Don't even consider the "I let her down" option. You were not in control of the care home, so it is they who let her down. Not you. Definitely not you.

My own personal choice has been not to write it all on TP - but I've written it all elsewhere. I've blogged it from start to (almost) finish and I have received an amazing amount of support from others who have been there and walked the walk and worn similar shoes. Sadly, support for unusual situations doesn't always come your way on TP. But, once you get your blog going, it may well come your way.

Your blog was not a Draft - otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read it. I hope!!!

And if it was a Draft, there's a serious problem with TP's software. Because it is not allowing you to protect your privacy.

Your blog also shows 'together has no blog entries to display.' So there's something strange at work in the Blog Department.

Or it may be all to do with whichever 'button' you pressed when you set up your blog. (My TP blog was set up before this new - horrible!! - software version came into being.)

But your Blog is not a Draft.

Link to together's blog:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/blog.php?15725-together

Title: Memories to lose

Please, TP software team, help.

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Thank you so much all of you. It's nearly driven me mad but have just started from scratch and think i've succeeded?
Had saved in word the 3rd attempt from this morning.
Will add as and when I feel able and one day I may cope with releasing my turmoil. I do know I need to and will keep trying.
Thank you all again K xx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Well done, together!

Best advice I could give is to write everything in Word, save it to your own computer, then copy and paste it onto TP. That way - if TP lets you down, you can always go back to your saved version.

That goes for bog-standard posts too, if they're long-ish.

Take care, and keep it together, together!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5