Active and confused episodes

SallyKat

Apr 3, 2017
Hello

My dad has mixed dementia and for the most part he’s in bed and sleeps a lot. However we’ve noticed he has patches when he very active during the night and day. During this time he’s very confused and will get up and walk around the house. Most recently moved chairs and out of his bedroom. He makes telephone calls and talks continuously to himself. A recent Covid and flu vaccine seemed to prompt this and he spoke a stream of consciousness in his sleep for quite a long period of time. The last time this happened he had a stroke. I guess I’m writing this just to get it off my mind but also interested to hear experiences from others if they have had similar incidents.
Thanks 😊

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum had periods of confusion and would move objects and furniture around, but this was when she was sundowning and then during the day blamed "the children in the school upstairs" for coming in and moving everything around.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My wife had what I called 'Pickfords' sessions' moving furniture around the house.
The annoying thing was she never returned anything to the correct room.
The plus thing was it kept her out of other more destructive mischief eg deciding curtains needed washing and pulling them down.

Last edited:

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
My mum does move furniture every now and again. Another thing (slightly off topic, but still furniture related), is she took a dislike to the sideboard. This was over 2 years ago - she wanted it gone! Wouldn't take no for an answer, so to keep the peace I agreed and got the council to take it away. The contents are now stuffed in drawers and a wardrobe upstairs!

Later, she took a dislike to her bed (modern trendy wooden one) - I couldn't go through with that, even though she would get quite insistent at times. 🙂I think she didn't like the knots in the wood.
She never mentions it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kare143