Abuse from a resident

justjimjams

Jan 30, 2013
Somerset
Oh what on earth should I do..
My dear mum has had a few issues with a chap who doesn't seem to like her. Mostly he just shouts at at her to 'shutup', once he came up and punched her on the arm. But today we took mum back with us for a scone and tea and to see the goldfish.. She normally is so happy to do this..

But this time, she spent most of the afternoon upset and saying that the man had got very cross and shouty. We've had a few of these type of incidents now..To be honest (and to my shame), I initially played it down.. thinking it would go out of her memory and that perhaps it was only a matter of 'words exchanged'...Until just before we were about to leave to take her back. She then got really upset again and said he had actually come up to her, fists raised and 'tapping' her on the chest (her words).

I told her that first thing tomorrow I would soeak with the manager, that this was not acceptable... I don't really want to have to try and find somewhere else...if it wasn't for this man, mum was just beginning to settle there, and gets on ok with the staff.,and one never knows if moving is going out of the frying pan etc..

Any any advice please?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You should not have to consider moving your mother jjj there should be some way of keeping both residents apart.
You are right to discuss this with the manager. I`m sure there will be action taken one way or another and your mother will be reassured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch