ABout me - Dearth - Staff Nurse (almost)

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Norman said:
Neil
congratulations on passing your nursing exams,I remember the feeling of relief well.
Norman

I notice from your profile that you say ex NHS. Were you a nurse, Norman, or something else?

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
noelphobic said:
I'm sure you know how to do the job and will do it admirably. However ..... will you be able to find your way home afterwards?!!!!!:eek:

:D

I'll have a ruddy good try!

One shock to the systenm though... the early shift starts at 06:55 - where I've been workong previously it's 07:30

:eek:

Ah well... means I'll have to go to bed early... well earlier!

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Norman said:
Something else Neil!!!
Norman

:D Now here's where confused me tries to interpret:

Please indicate what you mean Norman form the following list:

1. Wow - well done - you surely are something else!
2. Jack it in my good man - find something else to do instead!
3. I want to reply... but I have other things to do.
4. Gawd, post something else will ye?
5. My answer is 'd' - yes... definitely 'd'.
6. Something else.

Let me know Norman... thanks in advance :D

Sorry - I'm in silly mode today!

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
noelphobic said:
I like you in silly mode Neil, I've got a weird sense of humour too

Good grief!

You've caught it off me... I'm contagious!

By the way... congratulations on your upcoming 100th post... will you get a telegram from the Queen?

N.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Dearth said:
Good grief!

You've caught it off me... I'm contagious!

By the way... congratulations on your upcoming 100th post... will you get a telegram from the Queen?

N.
A telegram, is that all, I was expecting to be knighted or whatever they do to women - damed? More likely to be damned than damed I think but sounds more fun anyway! Don't forget me and you are mates of Tony now - Robinson, not Blair! I did wonder how many questions he was sent. Did he pick the best of the bunch or was that all he got? I actually thought mine was awful, sounded more like something I should have been asking the other Tony. I did go to the same school as his wife so maybe I should try to make something of the connection!:D

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
noelphobic said:
Did he pick the best of the bunch

Now give over... I'll be thinking I'm 'special' (me Mam never said I was special... she always said I was 'different' - a rare compliment indeed! :D )

As for your question... a serious question from a Caregiver/Family Member is always valid... so don't be putting yerself down!

At least you got a reasonable answer... I expect if you'd shared that with my M.P. you'd have got it signed on his behalf with: "Has read with great interest and thanks you for your letter..." with nought much else!

:)

N.

P.S. Your name on here... am curious... do you hate Mr. Edmonds too?

I can't stick him... but I am suffering from J.O.A.D. - Jamie Oliver Anxiety Disorder... I can't really say more than that, because even explaining about it winds me up!

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
noelphobic said:
I did go to the same school as his wife so maybe I should try to make something of the connection!:D

Who Cherie?

And did you ever see her dad "The Randy Scouse Git"* taking her to school?

* For the benefit of folks who don't know what the HELL I'm on about... her dad played a character in "Till Death Us Do Part" - a comedy prog. and was often referred to under that affectionate title!

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
A bit more news that I am VERY chuffed with...

I got my results back to say I've passed my Diploma of Higher Education in Nursing... and I've also got a 'Merit' for it!!!

I'm very happy about that... pity there's no book token or something to go with it too!

Now all I need is to get the registration information and then I can be an official Nurse... I pick the Uniform up tomorrow, but won't be wearing it until all sorted and above board.

And to any 'wags' out there... no, the uniform does NOT comprise of stockings and suspenders, Barbara Windsor Style - t'is tunic and trousers... good thing really, I'm not shaving my legs for no money!

N.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dearth said:
And to any 'wags' out there... no, the uniform does NOT comprise of stockings and suspenders, Barbara Windsor Style - t'is tunic and trousers... good thing really, I'm not shaving my legs for no money!
:D Wooo-Hooo!! Well done you, Neil

And ... "I'm not shaving my legs for no money!" - How much would it take then? I'll start a collection now ...

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Not even to support the AS Neil, and then post it on that thread where Bruce and Norman were flashing their knees?!. I'm sure that lots of us would pledge some money.
Amy

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
:D Here... I go to a gym now... and as a bit of a 'hairy chap' I'd look daft with smooth legs... kond of like a monkey doing an ad. for 'Pretty Polly'!

N.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Dearth said:
Who Cherie?

And did you ever see her dad "The Randy Scouse Git"* taking her to school?

* For the benefit of folks who don't know what the HELL I'm on about... her dad played a character in "Till Death Us Do Part" - a comedy prog. and was often referred to under that affectionate title!

N.
I very much doubt that her dad ever took her to school as he wasn't around. I believe her mum raised the children on her own from an early age. I think the description 'randy scouse git' could be used about Tony Booth himself just as much as the character he played.

Done OK for herself for someone from a single parent family.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Dearth said:
!

N.

P.S. Your name on here... am curious... do you hate Mr. Edmonds too?

I can't stick him... but I am suffering from J.O.A.D. - Jamie Oliver Anxiety Disorder... I can't really say more than that, because even explaining about it winds me up!

I don't have strong feelings either way about Mr Edmonds, it's something else that I don't like/am afraid of. So much so that I can't bring myself to type the word! It's not a person though.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
noelphobic said:
I don't have strong feelings either way about Mr Edmonds, it's something else that I don't like/am afraid of. So much so that I can't bring myself to type the word! It's not a person though.

Aha... I think I know where you're coming from here... so I'll not mither.

And cheers for the info into Cherie's background.... as a right nosey s*d I love snippets of info like this!

Now I want to know if Tony Blair was ever naughty as a kid... I won't rest until I have that information!

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
More good news for me...

I've got the registration documents... 'phoned and paid, now I send the declaration in and wait for a reply... then I'll be a 'proper official bony fido' nuss -that's Lancashire dialect for Nurse... or as they say in Merseyside "Nairse".

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Staff Nurse At Last!

Yep... now it's official.

I got my 'Pin Card' back... that basically states that I am registered by the Nursing & Midwifery Council and have been given a 'number' - similar to a National Insurance Number.

So now this means:

When I answer the 'phone I have to say "Hello - Nurse Baxter Speaking"... that'll take some getting used to, because depending on what I've been doing recently it's either been 'Student Nurse Baxter' or 'Nursing Assistant Baxter'.
I can now administer medication.
And I am now legally accountable for my acts and omissions - all a bit daunting but hey - it's what I've spent the last three years doing this thing for.
etc. etc. etc.

Just thought I'd share this info with you, as there have been a lot of kind words from people on this forum which have been very much appreciated.

N.