A feel terrible

Felix123

Mar 13, 2015
Tamworth
A call received from my dad today asking me to call mum to tell her I am not taking her to get some wool. I felt terrible but work long hours, for some reason she thought I had promised to take her out. At lunchtime dad calls again and asks me to speak to my mum as refuses to eat dinner as I am now taking her for lunch. When I spoke to her she told me I should have said earlier I was not taking her out, I felt really guilty.

Dad is struggling coping with looking after mum with dementia. A gardener, cleaner comes in and they do have meals delivered at home. A lady also takes her out 2 hours a week to give them time apart from each other.
After work I went and got some wool and took it round and asked mum if she would like a day at a house (day centre) where she could take her crocheting and sit with other ladies and chat but she said she does not want that. Should I just book her in for a day? I don't know what to do.

Tonight my dad has called moaning the cleaner has moved mums morphine but then he found it. I have has a bad day at work and don't know what to do for the best.

Sometimes I wonder if I should give up work and take over the care, however I know this would not make my other half happy.

Feeling useless!!

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
you are not useless just remember that. Being rotten here but you have an OH who needs you. Your dad sounds like he does need more help..........one thing who actually said the morphine was moved? IMO it is not the cleaners or carers it is actually the patient. That sounds cruel, but my mum did that move things then blame others....it is an attention thing.

Felix123

Mar 13, 2015
Tamworth
Thanks patsy56 I have been thinking about it today and will just try the day centre and see how she gets on but she just wants to be at home but dad needs a break. Dad blames the cleaners for the meds moving but they have told me before they put everything back where it was, this I believe as they clean for me too. I think mum is doing the same as your mum as she does it with keys too. It's so sad. I think yesterday was just a bad day, today is a new one x x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathyann