A day in my life

Larker

Mar 1, 2019
East Yorkshire
Some nights are bad. My OH is up and down several times during the night, he is unable to find the toilet so I have to show him where it is. He is unable to find the bedroom or get back in to bed. I assist him into bed only to be up again 30 minutes or an hour later. I am not very patient during the night. When it is time to get up I am not at my best. Other mornings we both sleep right through and that is so refreshing. He thinks we live with other people and I work there. He can no longer go downstairs alone. I go into breakfast duty after assisting him to get dressed. He leaves the breakfast table without moving his things. Why would he if it is not his home! He has always had a bath after breakfast so I keep this the same but now I go upstairs with him, run him a bath a put clean clothes out for him. I leave to have his bath and go up to assist him to dress again. Sometimes I find the clean clothes I have put out for him have been put in the laundry basket. During this bath time I get some jobs done around the house or do some gardening. 'Me Time'. The rest of the day he needs entertaining as no longer able to concentrate on any of his hobbies. He has Lewy Body Dementia which is so strange and so unpredictable. He loves being with family and often says how quiet it is when there are only the 2 of us in the house. Of course, where are the other people we live with? This is such a cruel illness and changes the relationship between 2 people. 2 people who used to be a couple, make joint decisions, he took me out and looked after me. I get down but then smack myself remembering that we are still together. I can hear lots of you nodding and agreeing with me out there. Keep going, we are not alone but we are the only people who can truly understand what our days are like. Take care xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Larker
a full day ... I'm glad you get a bit of me time
a good idea to start a journal type thread for yourself ... a series of days

Larker

Mar 1, 2019
East Yorkshire
I should never have complained about our life. He is now in a care home. I cant see him. I am in longer part of his life. My heart is broken and I feel desperate.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
oh @Larker
so sad to read your post
I'm sorry that a move became necessary ... no wonder you are heart broken ... you are still part of each others' lives though so tough to be apart
these months are so hard and distressing but this will change so hang on (easy for me to say, I know .... on the news just minutes ago a report stated a vaccine has been created, so that's encouraging)
keep posting, maybe we can help, we will certainly read and reply

for a chat with understanding folk maybe call Admiral Nurses

and the Support Line

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
There is indeed talk of promising vaccine results on the news today and also much talk of quicker tests. All things to cling on to and give us hope @Larker

Larker

Mar 1, 2019
East Yorkshire
oh @Larker
so sad to read your post
I'm sorry that a move became necessary ... no wonder you are heart broken ... you are still part of each others' lives though so tough to be apart
these months are so hard and distressing but this will change so hang on (easy for me to say, I know .... on the news just minutes ago a report stated a vaccine has been created, so that's encouraging)
keep posting, maybe we can help, we will certainly read and reply

for a chat with understanding folk maybe call Admiral Nurses

and the Support Line
During lockdown I contacted Admiral nurses and told there were none in our area. There was just no support.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Larker
I'm sorry there's no nurse near you ... I was helped over the phone ... maybe they didn't quite grasp that you needed the phone contact

please feel free to call the Support Line, the advisors will always talk with you
0333 150 3456

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407