6 weeks and still in hospital

Gwennie

Aug 15, 2010
Cambridge
Hi TP
Just a quick update re mum. She's still in hospital but a final decision has been made to operate on mum and remove her 4th toe due to gangrene and then do a bypass on the leg to ensure blood flow to her leg. Drs are not worried about the op but how mum will cope post op - this could just make her dementia worse!
Anyway SS have agreed that long term mum needs residential care so will keep pestering for her assessement.
I'm viewing my redundancy in a positive way as it is giving me the time to take care of mum and to ensure she gets the best treatment and I can devote myself to sorting out her LTC

Thanks for your support TP.

Gwennie x:)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello:

I hope you are happy with this decision, Gwennie. Have you had a date for the operation yet?

Its good that you are seeing the benefit of redundancy. I am sure you being around will help your Mum in her recovery.

Best wishes

Gwennie

Aug 15, 2010
Cambridge
The operation is schedule for Feb 21st at King's College Hospital in London. I've been asked to make myself available on the ward for when mum comes out of the op. I know it's going to be hard for mum and for me post op but she got over the blood infection and I pray she will recover from the op!
Onwards and upwards from here on ;)

Gwennie