6 days without fluids now

alshields

Feb 14, 2018
Sorry to hear that suzyl. "time is a healer" as they say. I wish you all the best and I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Sophie198

Feb 16, 2018
This is very hard to read! Currently sat with my grandad on day 4 of no fluids and don’t think I can cope with another minute let alone a few more days! wish his suffering would end!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
This is very hard to read! Currently sat with my grandad on day 4 of no fluids and don’t think I can cope with another minute let alone a few more days! wish his suffering would end!
It's very difficult to watch and wait, and not know how much longer it will go on. We want their suffering to be over - but we don't want them to leave us.
Thinking of you and your family at this time.

Varilite

Jan 26, 2015
So grateful to have found this thread. I'm now on the end of life pages as Mum's Home rang today to confirm she can't now eat without choking & is barely taking fluids. Doctor been & prescribed liquid antibiotics & oramorph (?) in case she's in pain. She's unresponsive & not even answering back (truly a bad sign). Apparently the next 2 days will tell whether she rallies or no. For the first time I don't know what to do...the fabulous staff at the Home are doing the looking after, should I be there, should I not (usually visit twice a week). I know it's personal choice but I can't even work that one out. I've known this was coming for so long so why am I not calmer? So strengthening to read all these experiences, though tragic. It's not just me & none of us are alone. Love to all of us here right now

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
So grateful to have found this thread. I'm now on the end of life pages as Mum's Home rang today to confirm she can't now eat without choking & is barely taking fluids. Doctor been & prescribed liquid antibiotics & oramorph (?) in case she's in pain. She's unresponsive & not even answering back (truly a bad sign). Apparently the next 2 days will tell whether she rallies or no. For the first time I don't know what to do...the fabulous staff at the Home are doing the looking after, should I be there, should I not (usually visit twice a week). I know it's personal choice but I can't even work that one out. I've known this was coming for so long so why am I not calmer? So strengthening to read all these experiences, though tragic. It's not just me & none of us are alone. Love to all of us here right now

It’s so hard to watch & wait. I wish you strength @Varilite

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare