44 years of age.

MrStephenC

Jul 24, 2023
Hi, I am 44 years of age. I started having issues with memory over 3 years ago. I finally had a SPECT scan January 2023 and was diagnosed with young-onset Altzhimers.

Is there anyone else like me here?
I'm worried for my children and wife. For what they have to witness, ahead.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @MrStephenC.

Im
So sorry to read about your diagnosis. I’m sure others with young onset will share their experiences with you.

In the meantime I wondered if this would be of any help -

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
…also these -

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Hi, I am 44 years of age. I started having issues with memory over 3 years ago. I finally had a SPECT scan January 2023 and was diagnosed with young-onset Altzhimers.

Sorry to hear that Stephen. Must be really hard for you. Hopefully you will find others here to share your experience. You won't be alone.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya, if its any consolation i was diagnosed aged 50, now aged 65 and still posting in here have faith dear friend xx

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Hiya, if its any consolation i was diagnosed aged 50, now aged 65 and still posting in here have faith dear friend xx
That's the trouble with this terrible disease, it's the not knowing. No one reaches the next stage at the same time. But we can live in hope and do the best to prolong life by not giving in to it.
Glad you are doing well Norm

Shelleydvr

Jun 10, 2023

Hi there.

Yes, diagnosed about 2 years ago .. in mid-fifties.
The anxiety around what the future will hold for family, etc is a constant battle.
We all have different ways of coping with this.. The only thing that has given me any sort of relief is to try plan ahead, with family help, to create a future where it may be possible to be less burden to your family..
.. I'm still trying to get thi together.. But it is the only thing that give a little satisfcation.
I have vascular Demetia, and the progression may be different in everyone..

I'm still looking for a whatsapp or other group to share silly things that others may relate to.
... and now I'm exhausted after typing..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorisimo