1. Donkeyshere

Donkeyshere Registered User

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    Here we are again up at a and e waiting on bloods MIL 2nd fall in 3 weeks and other problem dont ask let's just say there's going to be a lot of cleaning up when we get home and I'm not looking forward to it! Wish me luck!

2. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Good luck @Donkeyshere . It sounds as though you need it.

I hope you don’t have to wait too long in A&E.

3. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    Sorry to hear this, hope wait isn't too long and clear up goes smoothly.

4. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    Thx the OH called me at work in a panic well major panic tbh! I shan't go into details but it did not allay the shock when I got home. Then I went into panic mode and had to call ambulance this is the one time living on a small island was an advantage as the ambulance only took 10 mins. Sent the OH home before he stresses past boiling point!

5. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    Shes staying in for a couple of days I think it was more for me to have some rest was the intimation!

6. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
    Get a carpet cleaner.
    Been a godsend here.

Bod

7. nae sporran

nae sporran Volunteer Host

Oct 29, 2014
    Male
    Bristol
    Sorry you had a stressful day, Donkeyshere. I hope you can rest now and the mess was not too hard to clean up.

8. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    Thanks all - we are now back home and all tidied up - luckily she has a wet room which took the brunt. She kept saying are they taking me upstairs, then I realised she thought she was in respite care and she had a room upstairs - she did not realise it was the hospital. She will have a CT scan tomorrow just to be on the safe side, on a drip and antibiotics.

9. Sarasa

Sarasa Registered User

Apr 13, 2018
    @Donkeyshere, glad you've managed to tidy up and your mother in law is safe. It does sound like maybe she need more help now as that is the second incident in a short space of time. Could she go back to the respite place on a permanent basis?

10. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    Yes I think we may consider a little help but I'm not sure what would best placed? Will see what happens in next couple of weeks and have a think.

11. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    I totally sympathise, Mum was in hospital for almost 5 weeks this summer; but it did lead to help. Fingers crossed ((((((((hugs))))))))
    Bicarbonate of soda great for stubborn lingering smells! Also have used pet cleaner!!

12. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    Luckily I already had the cleaner from previous time! Shes in at least till monday bit weird but not having to pop over every 5 mins rmeans I can relax with glass of wine or two!

13. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    Enjoy your wine

14. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands
    and the OH's birthday gin! Oh dear.....!

15. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    Go you! enjoy!!
    Xxx

16. Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
    channel islands