28 day notice being given

gillian69

Sep 7, 2006
Cambridgeshire
Hello again,

my mum has just been given 28 days notice, and my dad has now got to find somewhere else for mum to go!!! He has been given a list of 3 homes that could possibly take her but after having her assessed by one of them, they cannot take her!!!

Why was this recommended, this really puzzles me.

The home they are trying to push, is not acceptable to my, dad or siblings, we beleive this is a funding issue.

Please can someone advise us, my dad just wants the best care for mum, having paid his taxes all his life, now at 71 he needs the help of the state, which he isnt getting!!!

Would love to hear some advice

Thanks for listening

Gillian:):(:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello:

I think others will be here to advise on this by my thoughts:
Where is the Social Worker, the Consultant or Mental Health Team?

I do not believe that a home can just land this on your Dad's shoulders without consultation with one of the above. Please get in touch with one or both of them, plus the GP, as your Mum possibly needs a proper Assessment Ward (in our area that would be accessed via the Mental Health Team Consultant).

My advice is keep calm - they cannot put your Mum out on the streets.

Good luck Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Gillian

I agree with Jan. Start making some urgent phone calls. If the home is saying it cannot cope with your mum, then the SW and CPN have the responsibility for finding somewhere suitable.

And if there is nowhere suitable at the price the LA is prepared to pay, they are obliged to fund somewhere that is.

You do not say why your mum has been given notice, but I assume it's because of behavioural problems. Is the home EMI registered? If not, then you need to find one that is. They should be able to cope with challenging behaviour.

If your mum is aggressive, and attacking staff or residents, I'd suggest she should have a spell in an assessment ward to monitor her medication. Anything less than this and an EMI unit should be able to cope.

Remember this is not your fault, or your dads. It's not your mother's either, it's her illness causing the problems. Whether these are social or medical, the SW and mental health team have a duty of care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch