24 hour care at home in Scotland

Edinburghgirl

May 9, 2021
Dad fell 4 times in between his 4 times daily visits. Problem is, it's not just about the money. I'm currently trying to source 24-hour live-in care in Scotland and it's virtually impossible! One company quoted me a waiting time of 2 months, others just don't have available resource. They're too busy flogging it to the NHS at a ridiculous rate! He's not safe in hospital- has fallen twice in the main one and now again in the community hospital. And all they say is, "we can't be with him all the time". So far he's had 4 cracked ribs, a hairline pelvic fracture and multiple bruising and they don't seem concerned. Apparently that's just the way it is in the NHS. He needs 1-2-1 support. Anyone know a reputable 24-hour care supplier?

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Edinburghgirl and a warm welcome to DTP, although I’m sorry that you have had to join us.
My understanding of 24-hour living care is that it is expensive and difficult to source as it needs a team of carers to work efficiently, have you got a local carers group in your area their collective knowledge may be of help!
I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post for support and to share your experiences

Edinburghgirl

May 9, 2021
Hello @Edinburghgirl and a warm welcome to DTP, although I’m sorry that you have had to join us.
My understanding of 24-hour living care is that it is expensive and difficult to source as it needs a team of carers to work efficiently, have you got a local carers group in your area their collective knowledge may be of help!
I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post for support and to share your experiences
Hello Nelbelles. I don't know if we have a local group. I don't actually live in that area which is part of the problem. And I'm an only one so I have all the caring responsibility. Good idea. I'll investigate. But talking to Social Services, Central Scotland seems to be very poorly served by the private sector care providers. Clearly the local councils are soaking up all the available resource even though they pay poorly and provide a very limited service.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407