1st day activities coordinator

RoxyS

Oct 10, 2018
Bromsgrove
Hello everyone,
Thank you So much for taking me in your family
Today I will start my first as activities coordinator with dementia people but some of them have capacity. I was care assistant from 1 year and half and now I have a better opportunity in another care home. I am a little bit afraid and I have emotions about how it will be.
I don’t know from where to start really...
Have a lovely day all

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone,
Today I will start my first as activities coordinator with dementia people but some of them have capacity. I was care assistant from 1 year and half and now I have a better opportunity in another care home. I am a little bit afraid and I have emotions about how it will be.
Have a lovely day all
hello and so welcome and congratulations on your job. If you go to my thread: please don't throw me away - in I have a partner with dementia, I write about activities in my husband's loving nursing home, and their impact on us all.
Again welcome and congratlations.
with warmest wishes Kindred.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Good luck on your first day. A good activities co ordinator is worth their weight in gold to the residents and their families with regular varied activities which relate to different stages and the very variable personalities of the residents.

Emkit09

Oct 11, 2018
Hello everyone,
Have a lovely day all
Hi I also have started as a activities coordinator about a month ago now & love it but it is quite daunting at first trying to keep everyone happy , organising events and also daily activities, but whatever activity you do is great & don’t forget you can’t do it all yourself everyone should get involved carers managers etc , get yourself a planner to write down what you’ll be doing daily then rotate it at least that will take the pressure off yourself & worrying what your doing when you arrive to work , it helped me anyway , I have years of experience in the way of working as a care assistant so it is a little easier for me but doing activities as more sole job was scary to start with , I’m sure you’ll do great !