16 years old and living with a parent that has dementia

cheyelise

Aug 17, 2017
england
Hi Cheyenne,
I am in a similar situation to you. I am 19 years old and my dad was diagnosed with early on set in november although we had been noticing symptoms for years previous. Im in university but find it really difficult to manage my home life with college work as well. I have told two of my friends about it but they don't really understand how difficult it is to see someone you love change so much and I find it hard to talk about outside the family. how have you been?
Hey, sorry i didn't reply quicker, i haven't checked this thread in a while and didn't get any notifications..
I hope you're doing well and would love to talk to you at some point, it would be great to have someone who understands what it feels like.

AaronH

Oct 2, 2018
hello to whoever is reading this, I'm completely new to this and don't really know what I'm doing yet so I hope that I'm doing this right.

I have been hunting for someone in the same situation as me for the longest time as I find dealing with my situation extremely difficult, especially because the friends that I have don't fully understand what I'm going through. I would like to find someone that I can talk to on a regular basis about our experiences with the security of knowing that we both understand each other.

I don't know if there is anyone close to my age on this website let alone if this whole idea is at all possible, but I thought that I would try and hope for the best.

Thank you,
Cheyenne

Cheyenne,
My name is Aaron and I am 23, my mam was diagnosed with dementia when I wasn’t 18 and has been in care since I was 20. I have found it very difficult finding Young people who are in a similar position to me, if you have time it would be lovely to talk about what we’re going through. Thanks,
Aaron