A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Well I walked it off on a 50 minute sea side walk to Ramsgate. :)

As I started down the avenue someone called my name. It was my DiL , with my grandson and his girlfriend. They were out for a walk too. It`s how close they live, we go for similar walks.

But we walked our separate ways. It was fine, I didn`t feel like talking, I didn`t need company to walk with, I felt better by myself.

It`s strange. It`s seven months since Dhiren died . Even though I am alone , at this stage in my life I don`t need the gap to be filled . I`ve just become aware how deep the gap is.

I will live with it.

Good old TP . Once again it comes into it`s own. :)

Walking always seems to bring some comfort, and particularly by the sea. I can imagine your feeling of alone-ness, Sylvia, even though I'm currently going through the " incessant demands" phase of this wretched business. What contrasting sorts of pain we must go through.
My husband's work meant we lived abroad at times, and my mother used to say "The country seems so empty when you're not here", and now I know what she meant because my family are abroad for the summer. Now yours are back, and I hope that desolate feeling you wrote about has receded.

Sometimes we feel a need to be a Cat that walks by Himself, but not all the time. I'm so sad and sorry for your lonely times. Wish I could walk beside you.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That is so kind Anne. :)

"The country seems so empty when you're not here"

I can so identify with this. What a lovely way of putting it.

I`ve just enjoyed a weekend away with some friends, to Bath and Stonehenge. It was exhausting but good and I`m so glad to be home.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend, Sylvia. Was Stonehenge very crowded?
I don't suppose you visited the American Museum just outside Bath, did you? It's one of my favourite places - which reminds me that I could do with another visit. Maybe later!

I notice you were awake late. I hope tomorrow isn't playing on your mind but understandable if it is. I guess you have to go to London again. Best of luck. xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using Talking Point mobile app

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Stonehenge was busy Saffie but not too crowded to stop it being enjoyable. I didn`t visit the American Museum. We spent a lot of time in the Abbey which was beautiful , but it was too hot to venture too far so we just wandered for the rest of the time.

Yes I`m off to London. Thanks for the good wishes. I`m sorry you were awake in the wee small hours and hope you are all right. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
All is well thanks and I didn`t need to have the stitches out. The consultant said they were doing no harm and were best left alone.

All other tests, the scan of the optic nerve and glaucoma tests were fine so I have been discharged. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have had another bad reaction to an insect bite.

I have a big blister on my ankle and the surrounding area is swollen, red and very itchy.

I have used antihistamine cream on the surrounding area and taken `non drowsy` anti histamine tablets. They may be non drowsy for some but they are knocking me out.

I slept part of yesterday afternoon and early evening and woke this morning at 9am.

All I can think of is those of you who are caring full time and how you would be.

Please look after yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.