Tonight I actually snapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilne

Mar 1, 2014
Newcastle
Yup that social life seems hectic for me. Last time I went out was Dec.

Having an amazing storm here. Been going about an hour now. Just gone really really dark again. Have to say I love them, even the cats aren't bothered. Hope its nice where you are.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Talking Point mobile app

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Still, yesterday I left the freezer door ajar for hours, so I am quite capable of messing it up all on my own.:rolleyes:

You made me laugh with the freezer door as it brought back a memory of something I did only a few weeks ago

I were standing in the kitchen and my son stood by the kitchen door chatting away to me

I opened the fridge door and grabbed a 1 litre carton of fresh orange (the one with the bits in), grabbed a pint glass, shook the orange to mix the bits up then removed the screw top whilst still talking to my son

I eyed up where the glass was and started to pour the orange into the glass then looked at my son as he said something funny and I was laughing

Well, not immediately, 5 seconds later, my son said "Good one Dad", didn't register the first time what he was saying so he shouted "DAD"

Oh boy, I missed the pint glass on the chopping board and looked down, I had poured about a pint of orange all over the chopping board, counter top, down the side of the cupboards and all over the floor

Son was rolling all over the place in fits of laughter as not one single drop went anywhere near the inside of the glass pot.

So, yes, we can all mess up :)

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Yup that social life seems hectic for me. Last time I went out was Dec.

Having an amazing storm here. Been going about an hour now. Just gone really really dark again. Have to say I love them, even the cats aren't bothered. Hope its nice where you are.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Talking Point mobile app

Well, here it is lovely

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hi Dave

Been so hectic that I've not managed to pop in here much.

Jugglingmum is a reference to my life before Dementia came to visit, so adding needing to sort stuff with mum into the mix is extremely time pressured at times, and losing a day in summer to a round trip drive of 6 hours and 8 hours of binliner filling and slinging in a skip (Thursday) retaining very little as so much is damaged by damp and mice means I will only start catching up on Thursday this week.

Just popped in to say I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Got my mum's diagnosis 2 weeks ago. We anticipated what was coming(Alz), but it does mean she is now on tablets which for me was the purpose of it. She wasn't very happy about it, but seems very positive about taking the tablets.

I hope you get listened to, my brother said the consultant wanted to hear his version as part of the process.

Will pop in tomorrow to see how it went

JM

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Hi Dave

Been so hectic that I've not managed to pop in here much.

Jugglingmum is a reference to my life before Dementia came to visit, so adding needing to sort stuff with mum into the mix is extremely time pressured at times, and losing a day in summer to a round trip drive of 6 hours and 8 hours of binliner filling and slinging in a skip (Thursday) retaining very little as so much is damaged by damp and mice means I will only start catching up on Thursday this week.

Just popped in to say I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Got my mum's diagnosis 2 weeks ago. We anticipated what was coming(Alz), but it does mean she is now on tablets which for me was the purpose of it. She wasn't very happy about it, but seems very positive about taking the tablets.

I hope you get listened to, my brother said the consultant wanted to hear his version as part of the process.

Will pop in tomorrow to see how it went

JM

Wow, do you ever stop, thought I had too much to do, obviously not as much as you are doing, but don't burn yourself out though..

Thank you for taking the time out in your very busy schedule to wish us well for tomorrow, it means a lot to me

I have sent an e-mail to the psychiatrist with everything about my concerns and findings so my wife will not be embarrassed or offended on the day, it is a massive day for her too. I have had confirmation that the letter has been printed and will be read prior to our visit

Don't know why but I have butterflies just thinking about tomorrow, maybe as it is literally only 29 hours away from now

Again, thank you for message )

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
I have butterflies just thinking about tomorrow

Of course you do ... you're hoping for big results from this appointment and but worry about being disappointed. We'll be with you in spirit, hoping Mrs D and you get all the professional input and support you need. Best wishes.

Grace L

Jun 14, 2014
NW UK
Dave (and Mrs Dave) I'm another TP friend who's going to be with you in sprit tomorrow.

Ask the Consultant if you can take notes (I don't know if you want to?).
He/she may use lots of 'new' medical words, and you might miss something...

Ask for a copy of the letter the Consultant is sending to your GP (say you'll collect it, as you do not want it going missing in the mail)...

Sorry to hear about your 'power cut', hopefully you managed to save the food-stuffs.
MiL (drives me mad!), just about every time she's here, she turns my fridge up high.
She's told me she does not like her food to be too cold when she eats it :eek:
Her own fridge food is the same , even though several people have told her this may cause her food poisoning.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
You made me laugh with the freezer door as it brought back a memory of something I did only a few weeks ago

I were standing in the kitchen and my son stood by the kitchen door chatting away to me

I opened the fridge door and grabbed a 1 litre carton of fresh orange (the one with the bits in), grabbed a pint glass, shook the orange to mix the bits up then removed the screw top whilst still talking to my son

I eyed up where the glass was and started to pour the orange into the glass then looked at my son as he said something funny and I was laughing

Well, not immediately, 5 seconds later, my son said "Good one Dad", didn't register the first time what he was saying so he shouted "DAD"

Oh boy, I missed the pint glass on the chopping board and looked down, I had poured about a pint of orange all over the chopping board, counter top, down the side of the cupboards and all over the floor

Son was rolling all over the place in fits of laughter as not one single drop went anywhere near the inside of the glass pot.

So, yes, we can all mess up :)

Ha ha I really laughed out loud at that.:D:D:D

Well i have had such a lovely morning, it was such a small pleasure just to spend a couple of hours chatting in sane company to mum's friend and her son. They are such nice people, it is a credit to mum that she had such good company in the past. They are aware I am up here on my own so they invite me over every now and then and I am so incredibly grateful to them for that act of kindness. oh and they have a huge, fabulous garden, I have come back laden with gooseberries, I shall make a gooseberry tart and put the rest in the freezer (mental note, shut door after putting them in;))

Then went in to see Mum and she had been 'good' today, thank goodness and had even propelled herself into the hairdressing salon at the home and demanded a cut and blow dry, so she was looking chipper.:D and then as I was thinking it was time to go the chiropodist came, so that was someone else for her to talk to about how she is the queen and so on. Nice for me and the staff when she has a good day.:)

Sorry rambling on your thread Dave, just chatting.:D

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Ha ha I really laughed out loud at that.:D:D:D

Well i have had such a lovely morning, it was such a small pleasure just to spend a couple of hours chatting in sane company to mum's friend and her son. They are such nice people, it is a credit to mum that she had such good company in the past. They are aware I am up here on my own so they invite me over every now and then and I am so incredibly grateful to them for that act of kindness. oh and they have a huge, fabulous garden, I have come back laden with gooseberries, I shall make a gooseberry tart and put the rest in the freezer (mental note, shut door after putting them in;))

Then went in to see Mum and she had been 'good' today, thank goodness and had even propelled herself into the hairdressing salon at the home and demanded a cut and blow dry, so she was looking chipper.:D and then as I was thinking it was time to go the chiropodist came, so that was someone else for her to talk to about how she is the queen and so on. Nice for me and the staff when she has a good day.:)

Sorry rambling on your thread Dave, just chatting.:D

RR, no one rambles more than I do so I don't mind, folk can ramble away for as long as they like on this thread, in fact I like reading rambles, a lot more comes out when rambling, see I am doing it now :D

Glad to hear that Mum and yourself had a good day, it's nice when we all have good day's, seems to blow the cobwebs away for a while

Keep on posting...

farrand

Jun 4, 2013
hampshire
RR, no one rambles more than I do so I don't mind, folk can ramble away for as long as they like on this thread, in fact I like reading rambles, a lot more comes out when rambling, see I am doing it now :D

Glad to hear that Mum and yourself had a good day, it's nice when we all have good day's, seems to blow the cobwebs away for a while

Keep on posting...

i also would like to wish you all the best for tomorrow dave. i hope you get the answers you need. look forward to seeing feed back tomorrow. what time is the appointment? take care-have a good nights sleep.xx

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Hi, intended to check in earlier but things never go to plan. See a few here have had a good day so far. Mine?
Had workmen in this morning doing a job which got bodged ('not our fault, faulty part on new bit...'). OH getting more and more stressed , workmen here over twice as long as estimated, mess all over house.
Speak to workman about it, he mentions his boss. I say to OH I'm going to phone their boss and say I don't intend to pay extra for something which isn't our fault (or theirs, according to them). He agrees at first then goes into agitated mode driving workmen crazy and then eventually shutting himself in his room and lurking. Emerges from room as I'm dialling to say I mustn't do that or they'll leave us with everything in a mess and job not done. Reassure him I'll be polite etc. He says OK and agrees. Start to make the call again, stops me with more of same. 'Don't do it, they'll leave and then what do we do?'. Do it anyway, boss asks to be handed over to blokes, upshot is job finally sorted, no extra charge for us. In the middle of all this OH suddenly announces that he's going to change over our Internet TV service to wifi. What???!!! LEAVE IT! I'll sort it but ..not...now!

So, you said you like rambling, Dave? You got it! Or maybe you meant the walking boots and backpack variety....

If I don't get to checkin later for the nighty night shift, I'll be thinking of you and family tomorrow. If the rest of your letter is anything like the first bit you'll be fine. Course you've got butterflies, everyone here has felt the same way. Just remember we're all behind you every step of the way. H x

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
If I am told any of the following statements this evening I think I will actually snap for real:

"You hate me don't you"

"You wish I were in a mental home"

"You wish I were dead"

"Why are you doing this to me"

Today started off a good day but as usual as the day wore on I have been told the above statements time and time again, completely out of the blue.

I have done nothing but be a supporting husband, not shouted, not made any remarks and before I am told that it is the impending visit tomorrow that is worrying my wife, believe me it is not as she can not remember where we are going tomorrow or for what reason even though I have talked about it to her today on 2 or 3 occasions, she still has no idea what tomorrow is for...

I hate what my wife has turned into. I do not hate my wife, I just find it very hard to comprehend this damned disease...

Last edited:

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
Very best wishes for you both, it must be so hard for you all. Take Zeus out and get away for a while to save you from snapping.

So glad you are well prepared and isn't it just as well. Others warned you that sufferers sense something - even though she doesn't remember discussing the appt her concern remains...Poor lady it must be awful to feel so tormented and unloved.

Keep cool :cool:

If I am told any of the following statements this evening I think I will actually snap for real:

"You hate me don't you"

"You wish I were dead"

Today started off a good day but as usual as the day wore on I have been told the above statements time and time again, completely out of the blue.

I have done nothing but be a supporting husband, not shouted, not made any remarks and before I am told that it is the impending visit tomorrow that is worrying my wife, believe me it is not as she can not remember where we are going tomorrow or for what reason even though I have talked about it to her today on 2 or 3 occasions, she still has no idea what tomorrow is for...

I hate what my wife has turned into. I do not hate my wife, I just find it very hard to comprehend this damned disease...

Last edited:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009

"You hate me don't you"

"You wish I were dead"

Dave she might not know it's tomorrow because she's lost sense of time and its meaning but she knows it's pending and has real fears about the outcome.
Not long til tomorrow, hold on in there.:)

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Very best wishes for you both, it must be so hard for you all. Take Zeus out and get away for a while to save you from snapping.

So glad you are well prepared and isn't it just as well. Others warned you that sufferers sense something - even though she doesn't remember discussing the appt her concern remains...Poor lady it must be awful to feel so tormented and unloved.

Keep cool :cool:

I love my wife I always have, yes I have snapped in the early years to which she could not understand and now I understand why she could not understand.

Since I knew when she could no longer understand (last few months) I have taken it on the chin, even told my son to speak to his mum in a manner how a son should speak to a mother as he was frustrated too and could not understand what was happening with his mum.

I have just mentioned to my wife in a calm and friendly manner, like SS carers do, long pauses in between words (like talking to a child) and all she said was "What day is tomorrow" and "What's for dinner"

My wife has no comprehension what she, I or my son are going through, to my wife every 5 minutes is a reset button back to another day, far, far away

I am sorry if this upsets folk what I have said but there are limits, I am not a trained carer, I am not being paid to be a trained carer and I can not go home at the end of the shift.

I hate this disease and all that goes with it

Last edited:

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
This is all exactly why you need help. Please hold on a bit longer x

p.s. you may be able to claim attendance allowance with a diagnosis...fingers crossed for you both x

I love my wife I always have, yes I have snapped in the early years to which she could not understand and now I understand why she could not understand.

Since I knew when she could no longer understand (last few months) I have taken it on the chin, even told my son to speak to his mum in a manner how a son should speak to a mother as he was frustrated too and could not understand what was happening with his mum.

I have just mentioned to my wife in a calm and friendly manner, like SS carers do, long pauses in between words (like talking to a child) and all she said was "What day is tomorrow".

My wife has no comprehension what she, I or my son are going through, to my wife every 5 minutes is a reset button back to another day far and far away

I am sorry if this upsets folk what I have said but there are limits, I am not a trained carer, I am not being paid to be a trained carer and I can not go home at the end of the shift.

I hate this disease and all that goes with it

Last edited:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I am sorry if this upsets folk what I have said but there are limits, I am not a trained carer, I am not being paid to be a trained carer and I can not go home at the end of the shift
No, you're not but you're doing pretty well despite it and learning pretty fast too.:)

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
It is such a shame you didn't get a proper relaxing break as you would have been able to recharge your batteries and look at all this very differently, I do understand how personal these verbal attacks against you must seem.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5