Tonight I actually snapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottypeg

Aug 4, 2013
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Hi Dave, you may be feeling happy tonight, I have just moved some driveway blocks and slabs, to discover a huge ants nest, so am now itching all over. Put a stop to that job for now, until I get ant powder. Hope Bailey doesn't poke his nose in, but think even he is not so daft:rolleyes:.

Anne

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Kettle of boiling water will get rid of the eggs as well.
By now the ants will have moved all the eggs so you will have to wait till you find them.

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Kettle of boiling water will get rid of the eggs as well.
By now the ants will have moved all the eggs so you will have to wait till you find them.

My thinking is that if you kill them outside then where do they go, probably in your house, so if they are living outside it is best to leave them alone

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
I only discovered by chance the other day that a spray of anti bacterial surface cleaner knocks them down in their tracks! Instant results.

dilne

Mar 1, 2014
Newcastle
Thanks for that SoyHJ always useful to have another weapon little blighters

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Talking Point mobile app

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
I have made a 'command' decision

I am going to bed.

I know it is only 8:30pm but I am tired. I am tired at 8:30pm for the first time in months.

I am going to say night night to my wife and am going up right now.

I will sort out the mess in the morning, if there is any..

So it's good night from me.

Speak to you all again in the morning

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Omg what are we to do?:eek: the nighty-night club made redundant, Dave's gone off to bed with absolutely no nagging or bed time stories. What a terrible situation.:D Do you think we should wake him up again, so we can remind him when it's bedtime?:D ah well, I'm sure between Zeus and Mrs D he will get woken up again soon enough.:D Nighty Noght Mr Dave, sweet dreams of walking across beautiful countryside with Zeus bounding along beside you.:) x

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Well, I think it's near my bedtime too, as I'm having a brief spell of respite while my wonderful Sister in law has taken my husband away for a few days. So, night night all, I hope everyone gets an uninterrupted night's rest.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Omg what are we to do?:eek: the nighty-night club made redundant, Dave's gone off to bed with absolutely no nagging or bed time stories. What a terrible situation.:D Do you think we should wake him up again, so we can remind him when it's bedtime?:D ah well, I'm sure between Zeus and Mrs D he will get woken up again soon enough.:D Nighty Noght Mr Dave, sweet dreams of walking across beautiful countryside with Zeus bounding along beside you.:) x

I asked him earlier today if we were redundant and he said absolutely not. Look on the bright side, maybe our nighty night club has worked. OMG, I don't know what we are going to do now either!!! Feel useless..... Mind you, who wants to place bets (ssshhh, we're on our own now) that Mr D will be skulking around at stupid o'clock cos he went to bed too early? Since we aren't needed tonight, I'm off too. Sweet dreams from me too Dave and to everybody else. Xxx

Pottypeg

Aug 4, 2013
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Just got back in and am disappointed that my nagging is not needed, had enough alcohol to be on form, hopefully enough to make me sleep. doubt it. Don't have a great social life but Monday is darts with the lads team I look after in the winter, Tuesday is mixed darts league (summer), Wednesday is dominoes (summer)and Thursday is darts competitions( summer), sounds a lot but very pub related, not a lot of variety. Enjoy it but venues quite limited, also play darts in the winter, Thursdays and depending on teams Tuesday.

Sleep well Dave & Zeus, catch up tomorrow.

Anne

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Good morning :)

Well I slept from 8:30pm to 7:00am this morning, that's a whopping 10.5 hours (REALLY !!) and I feel really great this morning

Had my cuppa, fed Zeus his breakfast and am putting on my boots to take him for a walk in about 2 minutes from now

I hope the rest of today is as good... Here's hoping :)

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That's great Dave! You'll be altogether better if you can sleep well. And a nice. day for a walk. My happiest times have been alone in the early morning countryside with just my dog for company:D

dilne

Mar 1, 2014
Newcastle
Well I followed Dave's example last night and went to bed about 9. OH was dosing so instead of doing chores I sloped off.
Sadly someone came and woke me at 11.30 to see what I was doing:mad:
Anyway I've had 8 hrs straight. Bit sore as late taking my pain killers. But lovely.
So good morning all.

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Talking Point is tops

:)Well, congratulations Talking Point team. I've only been a member fo a relatively short time, so have not felt qualified to add many helpful comments to this thread, which I have been following from the start. In less than 3 weeks, Team Talking Point has transformed a confused and almost suicidal carer into a husband who can now manage himself and his wife's awful situation, and actually get a good nights sleep. I wonder who where and what else could have managed that?
keep smiling,
malomm

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Well I followed Dave's example last night and went to bed about 9. OH was dosing so instead of doing chores I sloped off.
Sadly someone came and woke me at 11.30 to see what I was doing:mad:
Anyway I've had 8 hrs straight. Bit sore as late taking my pain killers. But lovely.
So good morning all.

Oh dear, well you tried :)

I do not think even if a meteorite landed on the house I would have woken up last night :D

Just went to the freezer to get a frozen carrot out for Zeus (He's teething) and I thought to myself, "why does it not seem very cold in here" well OH went to bed after me for the first time in years and went around the complete house turning off all the electrical's in the house including the freezer and Sky box (missed my recording so I will have to download it on Demand)

All doors were shut, all electric's were switched off including the rear night time security lamp I have outside

Oh well, nothing too bad as the freezer was just about still frozen and it is all back on now :)

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
:)Well, congratulations Talking Point team. I've only been a member fo a relatively short time, so have not felt qualified to add many helpful comments to this thread, which I have been following from the start. In less than 3 weeks, Team Talking Point has transformed a confused and almost suicidal carer into a husband who can now manage himself and his wife's awful situation, and actually get a good nights sleep. I wonder who where and what else could have managed that?
keep smiling,
malomm

Morning malomm

Yep, TP has helped me within my time of need and still continues to offer advice and most of all support

We all started off at "Post 1" so don't be worried about how much you know as everyone's input is invaluable, believe me I have been told things that I had long ago forgotten or simply did not know. Besides it is better to talk and share than read most of the time, a problem shared is a problem halved at the end of the day

So, come on, post, post and post again, no one is going to bit anyone's head off here, well maybe not :D

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
Just got back in and am disappointed that my nagging is not needed, had enough alcohol to be on form, hopefully enough to make me sleep. doubt it. Don't have a great social life but Monday is darts with the lads team I look after in the winter, Tuesday is mixed darts league (summer), Wednesday is dominoes (summer)and Thursday is darts competitions( summer), sounds a lot but very pub related, not a lot of variety. Enjoy it but venues quite limited, also play darts in the winter, Thursdays and depending on teams Tuesday.

Sleep well Dave & Zeus, catch up tomorrow.

Anne

Wow, to me, you have a fantastic social life, my social life is here on TP.

Many moons ago, when I were in the Armed Forces, I played darts in the German league, I was good, very good in fact (blows own trumpet or what)

But sadly when I left back in 1989 I gave it up, I do have a dartboard in the house at the regulation height and do have a couple of sets of quality darts but I hardly ever pick them up any longer

I used to practice 4-5 hours a day 7 days a week and went to tournaments most weekends all over Germany

AH!, Them were the days......

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Welcome Maloom, hello gang, hello D and Z.:) I am off skiving this morning, going to have coffee with an old friend of my mum's. yep, I know how to live.:D

Dave, my mum drove me nuts turning off the freezer, she did it over and over again. in the end I found plugging it into a socket that wasn't visible was the answer. Still, yesterday I left the freezer door ajar for hours, so I am quite capable of messing it up all on my own.:rolleyes:

have a good day gang, or if you can't have a good day, let's hope for one without too many incidents.:D x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5