A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, such a relief for you to find Dhiren peaceful today after the depair you must have felt yesterday. A joy indeed to see his surprise and delight at seeing you and Paul there when he awoke.

Precious shared moments.

After your tense night waiting for the phone to ring, I hope you are more relaxed tonight and have some sleep, you must need it.

WIshing you a peaceful and refreshing sleep, and strength.

With love
Loo xxx

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Dear Sylvia,

I hope you have another peaceful day today. Dad was lucid in glimpses until nearly the very end. When his breathing sounded laboured and he had the cough, that was when they set up the syringe driver to give him something to dry up the secretions.

With regard to the morphine, Dad was on morphine for almost a year before he died. He definitely appeared to have a feeling of euphoria when he first started to be given it. In my experience, it didn't appear to have an adverse effect and Dad had had pneumonia previously.

Your posts are the first thing I look for when I get up and when I come home from work. I think many of us on TP regard Dhiren as part of our family. I will always be grateful for your warmth and compassion during Dad's journey. There is little I can do for you apart from share the vigil with all your extended TP family. You and Dhiren will always be in my heart.

Much love, Sue xxx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Hold on to each precious moment these will help to sustain you in the days to come. I would have given anything for Vic to have opened his eyes and smiled at me in those last few days.

Much love to you and the family.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
The dozing and waking continued throughout the morning and each time was a new surprise for him when he saw us by the bed.
And it certainly was a surprise, a delight and a joy

Something to cherish Sylvia. Emotionally exhausting though for both you and Paul.

I hope Dhiren is peaceful again today. Thinking of all of you. X

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
We left with much more peace of mind than we had last night.
That is good to hear Sylvia. I hope that means that you managed to seep well last night. I think peace of mind is such a good thing to have. It is lovely that Dhiren was so pleased to see you each time he awoke, it must have warmed your heart.
I hope today that you receive more smiles like this. much love xxx

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
It's so lovely to know that even now he knows you are there and so happy to see you both. I hope that comforts you. Thinking of you all.

geum123

May 20, 2009
Sending you my love Sylvia.

How very precious to have those wonderful smiles of Dhirens.

Love Geum xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch