D.&V. at the CH.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Just caught up Gringo, counting down the hours,
I bet you're tempted to stand outside the entrance and swab all the staff before they go in.
I hope they're keeping you informed and I REALLY hope it isn't much longer before you can see Mrs. Gringo.
Testing time for you, these are hot coals and you have no shoes.

I've been thinking about you and Mrs. You,
Just wanted you to know. X

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
Proverbs. Chapter 13. Verse 12.
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

I am the happy owner of a brand new beautiful tree of life
Thank-you all for your very kind comments.

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
That's made my day as well:D I can guess how you are, Gringo. How did you find Mrs Gringo - hope everything was OK. Perhaps you will sleep a bit easier tonight. xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Proverbs. Chapter 13. Verse 12.
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

I am the happy owner of a brand new beautiful tree of life
Thank-you all for your very kind comments.

I'm so pleased for you both. xx

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Hi Gringo,

so pleased that the doors are at last open so that you have finally been able to see your hearts delight. my heart is beating fast as i can imagin the feeling you must have had. hold her tight and continue to oouze the love you have for her, she is one lucky lady.

sending you both my kind regards and warm wishes.

jan1962:D:D

gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
Thank-you all, once again, for your kind comments.
You were all proved right. She knew I'ld visited every day! There aren't many good aspects to AD. but this is one.
It was a very happy day for me.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
So pleased for you dear Gringo
This disease is so much harder for the carers isn't it? at least your dear Mrs Gringo wasn't missing you as much as you were missing her.
Much love
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
She knew I'ld visited every day! There aren't many good aspects to AD. but this is one.
It was a very happy day for me.

Such a relief for you gringo.

I`ve caught a streaming cold and won`t be able to visit my husband until it dries up a bit. I daren`t risk spreading my germs to him and other residents. That particular good aspect of Alzheimer`s will help us too.

Chris Edgerton

Oct 22, 2003
Warwick District
Alas not uncommon, also scabies can create a closedown

Alas not uncommon, also scabies can create a closedown while clean up is underway, on one occasion I said I will chance it, care home said “well it’s up to you” … ask your doctor the they have other cases in other homes, note uncommon, but is it preventable?

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
we've had this....

where I work. We try to implement a closedown because to be honest many visitors are thoughtless and will not comply with simple requests like hand washing and using hand gels. Some are older and if they catch it themselves it could pose a great risk to them as well, and they may not have anyone at home to help if they become ill. But our closedown is not rigid - we try to be compassionate and if someone is near end of life for example we make it clear to loved ones that there is a real risk to them coming in, but the final decision is there's. I would have been tunnelling in to see my Mum had it been me, and there would be nothing like a "closedown" to make me more desperate and determined to see my loved ones. I get it when I wear my professional hat, but NOT when I wear my Mother/daughter/wife one. Just glad you can go in now Gringo.
On another point my Mum's old home had double rooms, so did the one I used to work at, and where I work now we have flats that are suitable for couples, so there is a lot of provision out ther for couples.