I need support

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I have to say Sky that the local publicity has helped a lot. People have walked up to me to sign saying that they have read about what I'm doing in the local papers. I've even called into the local newsagents and asked for home delivery as almost every night there is something in the 'letter's page, written by many more people than just myself.

xxTinaT

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Hello Tina
I haven't posted ,but I have been following your efforts on TP and in the local paper.
Like everyone else I can only admire the willpower and tenacity you are showing in your determination to get your result .
In doing so you have galvanised an enormous interest not only in your fight to save the two homes , but also in peoples awareness of dementia
6000+in Bolton who have signed your petition and counless others through the letters and interviews
I wonder if you can visualise how many supporters you will have , thinking of you on the night of your public meeting.
I cannot imagine the end result of all your efforts will be anything but success.
but whatever happens you can be assured that you and all the people who have helped you in your campaign will have the everlasting admiration of us on TP

God Gless and may all your efforts be not in vain

jimbo 111

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
My two little helpers Angie and Karen are my guardian angels! God bless them, we'll have some tales between the three of us at the end of all this!.

xxTinaT

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Wow, Tina, what an eventful and successful week so far – and you’re not even half way through!

Attagirl! :)

Love, Kaz, x

(PS: Did someone mention food and drink?:rolleyes::D)

PatH

Feb 14, 2005
N.Ireland
Tina, what great news, you have worked so hard. I agree about the younger generation ,the majority we can be proud of. Sad about our generation, frightened to face reality ,I wonder.! Good luck, Patx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I think this is going to be the final update on the signing petition stage. Rain stopped play after two hours but..........

SIX THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY SIGNATURES​

I think that is more than enough and I'm going to take a couple of days off now - may just go out once more but really that would not be productive as we now have a comfortable margin for any discarded signatures.

I'm so very sorry to read of Connie's final fight, especially after just leaving Ken's care home and sitting with my dear friend Betty in her husband's bedroom. His life is coming to an end and like Connie, he was unconcious. I feel so much for Betty who last week brought in cakes and drinks to celebrate their 38th wedding anniversary. Thankfully, Bill was able to join in the celebrations She will be so lost without her Bill.

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well Tina, I sincerely hope all your hard work pays off and your petition is given the recognition it deserves.

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
well done

so proud of you Tina,you are an inspiration,and kaz who was well out of her comfort zone , but pushed on with this ,,,,i notice my name mentioned on here ,but would like to say my involvment was VERY MINIMAL....just a few hours on one day , please dont take any credit from away from the fantastic effort of Tina and Karen ,,,,i may have led them to weatherspoons haha i will be glad to stand by your side Tina when presenting your petition ,
luv ange x

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
6,630 signatures, Tina?
That is absolutely fantastic.
I am so full of admiration for everyone involved.
May the petition presentation go well.
Love,
Nan XXX

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Tina – so proud of you again! Just seen your latest brilliant headlining letter in today’s news .... and by chance (or design?) an article by Arup Banerjee re ‘The cost of dementia’ sitting alongside the letters page!

Sadly the website has got a link muddled (your headline with a different article below it)..... so I can’t pull them up .....

Hope you are getting some rest!!!!!

Love, Kaz, x

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
Hi Tina

Yet again you have done it!! What an inspiration you and your wee 'team' are. I so wish I was nearer and could stand alongside you when you present your petition. I would be so proud.

Best of luck on 30th and stick it to em...

Linda xx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Link sorted, Kaz. :cool:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/comm...s_care_homes_review_serves_no_useful_purpose/

Tina, you deserve more than a medal for your solidly reliable efforts. Your thread has only been up for two months - and you've almost achieved as many signatures on your petition as your thread has achieved 'views'.

The picture you've painted of your exploits over the last couple of weeks, with such vivid descriptions of all those wonderful and not-so-wonderful people you've engaged with, would make a great film! There's more to come, I know, so don't run the credits yet.

Brilliant work! With a little help from your little helpers, of course! :)

Last edited:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I've had a 'duvet' day today - needed it!

I'm off out in a few minutes to my first visit to a political party meeting to 'give them hell'.

Wish me luck folks.

Much love to all who have stalwartly supported me from the first day. We are nearly at the end of phase one, and heading rapidly into stage two. I hope you all stay with me into the next stage which will be more a consolidating and waiting for the review results stage.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Wow, Tina, that letter is brilliant! So concise, yet you manage to make so many valid points. I reckon those councillors must be quaking in their boots at the prospect of the public meeting.

Sock it to 'em, lass!:D