A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
What a shock Sylvia, nothing prepares for the unexpected, not even sure we can prepare ourselves for the 'expected' even with all the knowledge and experience we see on this forum :(

but in the opinion of the GP it is progression of the dementia.
I've heard this way to often almost a matter of fact. More often than not it is not the case and something that needs more investigation.

Hope thinks improve and thinking of you both
Craig
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Craig.

I`ll reserve judgement until the infection has cleared. It`s probably the cause.

What shocked me the most was my own reaction. After all I`ve read on TP , and well aware this is not a massive downslide , if it is one at all, I expected myself to be able to take it all on the chin, as it comes.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
What shocked me the most was my own reaction. After all I`ve read on TP , and well aware this is not a massive downslide , if it is one at all, I expected myself to be able to take it all on the chin, as it comes.
I think the trouble with keeping your chin up is that it gets a squarer knock now an then, that's what happens to me anyway. Have you heard from Paul today?
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Have you heard from Paul today?

No Craig. I have deliberately not told him .
Firstly because I know I`ll cry if I tell him and he will think it`s worse than it is, and have me to worry about as well as his father, and secondly , because I want to see how he finds Dhiren without being influenced.

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
Dear Sylvia,

I sincerely hope it is just an infection and that Dhiren is comfortable.

I thought I was prepared for every decline but each one still takes me by surprise. I really feel for you. If I go to see mum and she smiles at me, that is a good day and I must live in the moment and take each stage as it comes but it is very hard.

Take good care of yourself, I am thinking of you.

Love,
Jeanne.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Sylvia

No matter how much we read,know, have explained to us beforehand,or even experience with others, when I comes to someone you love and care about it's bloomin hard

to be really honest, I would be really worried if someone
seemed unaffected and didnt shed a tear or three,its those feelings, emotions ,love ect that make us humane rather than just human

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sylvia,

Haven't logged on for three days and have just seen your post.

I am so sorry to see that Dhiren has been unwell, but so relieved to see how promptly the care home he is in got in touch with the GP. Hopefully it will be nothing more than an infection and Paul will find him beginning to feel better this afternoon, by which time perhaps the antibiotics will be swinging into action.

In the meantime I expect you have felt as though you are in limbo. Not knowing one way or the other, dementia/infection, is exhausting and upsetting. I do hope you are taking things very quietly to-day, perhaps just a little relieved that Paul can go in and make his usual visit to-day instead of you.

Thinking of you and sending love,
Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Jeanne, Lin and Nan.

I sent Paul a text asking how he`d found Dhiren. He texted back saying he seemed a bit weary but OK, so I told him.

He is coming over later.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Sylvia, hi
So glad to hear that Paul is coming over later and you can have some company to break the worry. Helen's wise and caring words were lovely to read.
Take care of yourself, kind regards, Jo

JayGee

Aug 23, 2009
kilmarnock ayrshire
Hi Sylvia
Just logged on after a couple of days.
Sorry to hear Dhiren is not as he usually is.
Said a little prayer for him today hoping it is
just an infection.
sending you both love.
June

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry to hear about this Sylvia. I do hope it's an infection and can be dealt with soon. xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Syliva, I have just caught up with your news after computer problems and so sad to read about the concerns for Dhiren, and the shock for you.

Your shock at your reaction has got me thinking. Over recent months Henry's decline has speeded up, and even although it is not drastic I find that bad enough, yet felt it was helping to prepare me for whatever lies ahead. But perhaps I am deceiving myself.

Hoping you find Dhiren a bit better when you visit today, and that it is not a decline.

Love
Loo xx

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello

I cannot believe , no matter what I have said, how unprepared I was for this news and how it has affected me. Quote: Grannie G

Can I give you back some of the care you gave me X
I am thinking of you both, and I know how you feel X

Barb X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There were no grounds for the tears and fears. :eek:

Dhiren was fine today.
Terry CPN was at the home when I arrived. He had called to check up on Dhiren following my fears. He didn`t think there was any marked progression, just that the infection had affected Dhiren albeit moderately.

However one of the carers said he was in tears after Paul left yesterday and during the whole of my visit he wanted to go home.

`Come on let`s go now.`
`I just want to relax in my own home.`
`What time are we going?`
`I`ll show you I can walk. Just watch me.`
`I`m fine now.`
`I don`t need help.`

This continued for nearly 3 hours and by the ime I left I was worn out. [but not in tears] :)

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
However ...and during the whole of my visit he wanted to go home....

This continued for nearly 3 hours and by the time I left I was worn out. [but not in tears] :)

Good that Dhiren was livelier, Sylvia, that must be a relief for you. Nevertheless it must be a strain for you when he is so keen to come away with you, I expect.
I hope you can relax a bit tonight, now that you have seen Dhiren in better spirits and shape. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5