Helen and Alan

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Oh Helen.... I am so very sorry that Alan has passed in this way. There is nothing I can say to offer comfort. I am thinking of you and wish i could take your pain away. You have done your absolute best and Alan will have known that. All my love and most sincere condolences. xxxxx

Willowgill

Mar 29, 2008
South Yorkshire
Helen I am so sorry. I hope that in the coming days the anger dissipates and is replaced with happier memories of your wonderful man. You need time and space now to look after yourself. Take care.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Helen

My thoughts go with you at this sad sad time, but Alan is free from suffering and whole again.

There are really no words at times like this,

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Love

Mameeskye

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Oh Helen,

I'm lost for words. So sorry it had to be that way after all you worked towards.

My heart goes out to you.

Love xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Helen. Like others I don't have the words to express what I want to say. I'm so sorry things were so bad at the end. My thoughts and sincere condolences are with you. Take care. Izzy xx

Roma

Jan 15, 2008
UK
Helen I'm so sorry for your loss and also that Alan didn't get the peaceful ending that you so wished for him.

You must now take some comfort that he is free from all his suffering.

My thoughts are with you.

Love Roma xx

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I send you my love

Dearest Helen, I am so sorry that it ended like that, can only echo what the others say, Alan is at peace now and his suffering is over, that's all I can say apart from I have said a few prayers for you this morning, love Pauline xx

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Dear Helen

Please accept my sincere condolences.

I am so sorry that Alan did not have the peaceful and painless end that you worked so hard for - it was out of your hands Helen - you could not have done any more.

Love
Janet

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Helen
We are so sorry to read that Alan did not get the peaceful ending you had so hoped for. Thankfully he is now at peace and his suffering is no more. You are one fantastic lady and Alan I am sure is grateful for the many happy years you had together and the many good memories you made together. Hang onto these good memories Helen- they and family and friends will pull you through the dark days and weeks ahead

Much love

Julie and Ian xx

Last edited:

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
Helen, like many others, words cannot express the sadness I feel. I do hope you won't be angry for very long and look back at all the wonderful times you shared together. Alan is free from all the hurt and pain and he has now the peace he greatly deserved. June x

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Helen, please accept my most sincere condolences on the loss of your wonderful hubby. Nobody could have been more supportive and loving. Alan is now at peace. Take care xx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Hello Helen

I am sorry to hear Alan has gone.

I have read your posts with such admiration over the last few weeks. You fought so hard for him, he was a lucky man to have you on this side!

I remember your photos of Alan swinging on the bridge looking so happy and contended.

A very sad day on TP

Take care

x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Helen I'm so sorry. You fought so tirelessly for the help and care Alan needed, and achieved so much, only to be let down at the end.

I hope over the coming days and weeks, the trauma of the last few hours diminishes, and you can begin to remember the lovely man Alan clearly was.

Much love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Helen

I'm so sorry that you have lost your beloved Alan, and in such awful circumstances. You must be devastated today.

Remember though that you did everything you could, and it was the NHS who let Alan down, not you. You did everything possible to make his transition peaceful.

I hope you'll be able to get beyond this lack of support, and focus on the peaceful, loving moments you shared over the last few weeks.

Love,

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Oh Helen I am so sorry.

Remember though that it was NEVER you that let him down, only other people. The love and care you always showed Alan took my breath away at times.

Whatever you do dont dwell on his last few hours, it the lifetime that you spent together that really mattered.

Hope you find some peace yourself in the coming days.

Love Sue xx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Dear Helen words are never enough but hold close the thought of that special moment treasure it always.

Sending love and sympathy to you at this difficult time. Always thinking of you.

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Dear Helen

So sorry . You did your very best. No-one could have done more for Alan.
Sincere condolences

Germain

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Helen

I am so sorry to hear that Alan has passed away. He is now no longer suffering and at peace. Thinking about you and your family at this difficult time.

Love Carina x x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T