Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
...No, I haven't even decided what to take with me, never mind packed!

(((hugs))) for all and extra ((hugs)) for Pooch.

Hi @Slugsta

Sorry, dad told me they were pretty stable, unless you get caught in a bad storm, but then we have pretty good sea legs, so maybe he just meant it in comparison to a ferry crossing the Irish sea :D

Pooch is getting well loved :), I have to go out twice tomorrow, so he’s going to need the extra loving ;)

You’d better get packing, you didn’t want to get stressed :rolleyes:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Ooh. Bonus holiday cash :D I wonder where mine is ;)

It will buy a few cocktails :) I used to be a reasonable sailor but have got more and more travel sick - I blame the amount of meds I take (300mg of dihydrocodeine a day, plus other stuff). The Bay of Biscay can be particularly bad but I was unwell just crossing the channel on a cruise ship when it got a bit bouncy:oops: OH (who used to be a marine engineer, many moons ago) and BFF have absolutely no problem.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m just so blooming tired. I’m feeling sorry for myself. On the one hand I’m trying to tell myself, I’ve emptied wardrobes & drawers, taken load after load to charity shops, dealt with paperwork, filed with HMRC, sorted Order of Service etc etc etc ... but ... it’s not done.

I still need to do more paperwork, send out more letters, finish the washing up ... but I have to be up early for a minor op to remove a growing mole ... where are all my “old” friends .. the ones I’ve driven to interviews, the ones I’ve sat up with as they cried, the ones I’ve helped .. too blooming busy ... that’s where

The house looks better, but not good enough.

Poor Pooch just wants me to hold him, which I do .. but I need to get on & feel guilty for telling him.

It’s like nothing is enough, but I’ve nothing left to give

I know I’m tired, despite the incredible pain of a deep tissue massage, I felt myself falling asleep.

Tomorrow, youngest will arrive, full of pride at soon being a dad himself, but expecting his Mum to be in control, delicious meal, comfy bed, clean bedding, while saying it’s ok.

It’s not ok. It will be. But right now, it’s not

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

I went on a work trip with dad, about aged 15. It was rough. Really rough. Bouncing. One of the guys asked if I was ok. I stepped out .. knowing dad, with 4 stripes wouId not be impressed, focused on the horizon & hoped I’d be ok

The reality was that dad was just pleased I wanted to go along, but I didn’t want to embarrass him by losing my breakfast.

Let’s face it ... there is an additional pressure when you are the Captains daughter :eek:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) Sam
You honestly dont have to put on a good show for your son. Im sure he is more than able to make his own bed.
There is always such a lot to do between the death and the funeral and you are also trying to clear out a home. No wonder you are tired.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Just get yourself sorted first and foremost @Sam Luvit , I will be thinking of you through the op x
I'm sure your lovely son will understand if everything is not up to your normal standard.
You've done so well, I wish I lived nearby to hold your hand ( or throw together a Thai meal ) :)

It's times like this, unfortunately we discover who is actually there for us when we are in need someone.
Dementia is one thing that sends many running away from their friends, it's sad, but true.

I'm looking forward to seeing you next week, we will raise a glass to your beautiful mum, who I class that I was lucky to have the pleasure to meet, I watched her with you in Blackpool and all I could see was the love and pride she had in her eyes, a wonderful caring daughter x

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Good morning @Sam Luvit - I agree with those that wish they were nearby to lend you a hand, provide some company or make you a cuppa! (Bit early for anything alco-frolic even for me!)

As for what seems a never ending list of jobs, remember that you can only do one thing at a time, and gradually it will get done. Forget about what everyone else may think - those that matter don't mind and those that mind, don't matter.

Hope all goes well with your minor surgery today - I never let anyone join me for such stuff, OH cannot handle any illness and is too much of a liability:rolleyes: ever since he took a photo of me as I arrived back from Theatre after my Knee replacement op looking decidedly groggy and thought it would be good to share it :eek:

Hope you have a great holiday @Slugsta wishing you calm seas and safe travels.

I'm off in 10 days for a week in Sicily and am already dreading what Mum will be up to in my absence. She has always hated me being away, even before the Vas Dem, and now she is dire. I will attempt to 'switch off' but the poor CH and my poor daughter ...
Looking forward to a possible meet up with you and @Slugsta if we can arrange it - I was never free for your T/Wells get togethers - boo!

Thinking of you and take care Sam
XX

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Sam, I'm sorry you have the minor op to contend with, on top of everything else. You have kept that very quiet but I suspect there will be a bit of anxiety associated with a 'growing mole' (((hugs))). I am also sorry that none of the many people you have helped have stepped forward to help you (I assume you have asked?!).

As for everything else, you can only do what you can do. I know we all think you are superwoman - but even she can only be in one place at a time! Please try to stop beating yourself up over the things you haven't yet done and give yourself a huuuuuuuge pat on the back for everything you have done (including looking after your mum so well).

I agree that you shouldn't have to pretend for your son. He loves you and I'm sure he will want to give whatever support he can. That certainly includes doing the washing up and making his own bed!

We currently have 2 guys here looking at our Sky system. They are from a local, independent company and reckon they spend a lot of time putting things right after 'Love Digital' have put in the cheapest system possible. We have phoned the management company and got the go-ahead for them to update the whole system, which will certainly cost us less than if we got them just to cobble together a fix for our system (it will come out of everyone's management fees) :)

I have started putting things on the spare bed with a view to packing soon. I won't start stressing until Saturday evening (our taxi is due at midday on Sunday). The sun is shining again, so I am looking forward to my time with Thursday Man.

(((hugs))) for all.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @canary

Lol. I’m not putting on a show for youngest, but I do need to feed him, fiancé & future FIL, set the lounge up for tomorrow, set up the house for 30 people to be able to sit, drink & talk.

I still have paperwork out, I need to put it away so I can carry on with it, I keep seeing things I need to move or clear, but clearing makes a mess, until I can get it back in its place or out the door

So, Op done, off for biopsy, but the Doc’s not worried. I’ve signed the paperwork for the house, they will get it typed up & on the market later today :eek: That’s freaky fast, but I guess the sooner it’s on, the sooner they might make some money out of it

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sam, your son and fiancé can help you cook a meal, or go and fetch the takeaway, or you can go out for pizza. All that matters is that you're together, not what you eat or how the house looks.

I know how hard it is when there is a big job like clearing a house and getting it ready for sale (been there times three). There is a lot of work, it takes a long time, it is physically exhausting, it looks much worse before it looks better, and it seems it will never be finished. When you add the emotional element, it's that much harder. When you are also dealing with the paperwork and administrative issues on top of that, you've got a massive job. Please try not to pressure yourself, although I appreciate it's much easier said than done.

I'm also sorry you had to go have a skin biopsy, and hope it's not serious, or very painful. I am impressed you are looking after your health, though, and good for you on that score.

Please be kind to yourself.

Sending lots of ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Sam I agree with Margi I'm so looking forward to seeing you and I too have such fond memories of meeting your lovely Mum along with Margi's lovely Mum here in Blackpool.
Friends Sam where have they all gone It's amazing how they seem to disappear when you can no longer be there for them like you once have. Like you I was always helping driving "friends" for appointments dropping off and picking up from airports, just helping in general, listening to their problems!!. Thank goodness for TP and new friendships :D
Hope everything is ok with your biopsy been through that so know it's a bit scary, I'm sure everything will be ok.
Now Sam lots of ((((hugs)))))for tomorrow I think it calls for a group hug whilst we all hold you tight and know that I will be thinking of you all day and will be there in spirit.
God bless your Mum.xx

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Thinking of you today, sending extra big hugs to you and also a hug for your brother for been there for you, and not forgetting pooch who is there with the furry cuddles x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch