Can I ... Should I?

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Thanks for your update @Margi29 - only just seen posts.- not been on TP that much last couple of weeks (catching up on several years of neglected garden, and neglected house, also need to catch up on same number of years of neglected paperwork)

@Sam Luvit - sending massive hugs, thinking of you and your mum

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Thank you everyone, I will speak later to @Sam Luvit and let her know you are all thinking of her and her mum.
This is such a good site, not just for information and allowing us all to rant when necessary, but for the support and understanding when things are hard.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Margi, thank you so much for the update from Sam. Of course we understand and of course there is no need for her to post anything unless she wants to. You are very kind to relay messages.

Sam, dearest Sam, I am so sorry to hear the news about your mum. I wish I could come and sit in hospital with you, but the best I can do is a lot of (((hugs))) and letting you know how much we care and how concerned we are.

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
@Margi29 please could you give Sam my best wishes and support too, I'm an inveterate lurker on this thread and will be thinking of her and her Mum, thank you.

rainbowcat

Oct 14, 2015
Hi all

@Sam Luvit has just spoken to me, she's asked for me to put on TP that her mum is in hospital and there has been a marked deterioration in her mum.
She may not be posting for a while.
Sending massive hugs to them both xx

Thanks for the update - thinking of you both, Sam x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I just got home. I’m so tired, but I need to eat & walk Pooch. Arrrggghhhhh

Yesterday ended at 03.00 (Mum didn’t want to go to bed, so I bullied her & finally tucked her in at 01.00) & today started at 05.09 :( I’m just a tiny bit dazed

She’s been x-rayed up the yin yan :rolleyes: Collar bone, chest, hip & leg are not broken, but very badly bruised. She has a massive black eye, bruises on her cheek & neck. She has a small break in her pelvis, but it’s not displaced, so although painful is not a worry. She’s also broken her wrist again, they said it was “in pieces” :(

She also has a massive haematoma on her shin bone & they will keep a close eye on that.

I had to help hold her down to manipulate it back in place. She had 5 injections & entinox, but still kicked & fought like crazy. I never want to do that again. She can risk the GA deterioration rather than go through that pain, it was cruel & I felt horrid holding her down.

Her CT scan shows a marked deterioration in the Alzheimers since January, they were shocked at the scan. They said it has & is progressing rapidly, also she has almost no capacity

Hostess Mode is amazing. I saw one of the am ambulance crew & he said she was totally with it & he was querying if she had any dementia... then he spoke to the staff at the hospital :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ll be totally honest @2jays ... I’ve shut the door on it, I’ll look tomorrow. Carpet shampooed is going to get a work out but thank you. I will read again on what to do when I can string a sentence together

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

Mum is now tucked up in a hospital bed. I wanted to join her lol

I’ll be digging out CM to ensure I sleep right through the night. I’m not going to be going every day for hours like last time. Just can’t.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m so touched by your posts, thank you, it does make such a difference. Feel free to lurk or post should you want to. @Margi29 is right, this site has helped me in so many ways, mostly in knowing I’m not alone

You’re great :D

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I’m not going to be going every day for hours like last time. Just can’t.

I'm glad to hear it, I was going to suggest you didn't - there is only so much you can do, it isn't your fault, it is the illness.

Hope you sleep tonight, or maybe have a few catnaps this evening and sleep tonight.

I've got a bit more frantic juggling yet - parents night done, son delivered to fencing, and now got to decorate son's cake (it is iced) before I collect him from fencing - then birthday tea, unwrap pressies and pack son's bag for scout camp.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Oh Sam...poor you..poor mum. I can totally empathise with you and the distress you feel and witness having to hold your mum down even with sedation. I had to do that also many times for medically frightened dad and it will stay with me forever. I never imagined I would have to hold dad down while he had a catheter fitted ...while he had stitches in his badly cut face ...trying to hold his cannula in place and stopping him from ripping it out. Horrible to face.Along with other horrid things we have to do and see I wish those who just think of dementia as a bit of memory loss etc could see our pain at the situations we never ever thought we would have to deal with. Hugs to you ..pooch walk..cup of tea...something to eat...and bed.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I’m not going to be going every day for hours like last time. Just can’t.

Good decision. She will be taken care of. Maybe not as well as you care for her, but there is a bank of staff to do the job you have been doing on your own.

Take some time to give yourself some respite. You will need a rested head/brain to discuss/sort what the furtive holds once she is discharged

Silly question maybe.... is brother in contact with you?

More squishy hugs xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77