I am so angry - care costs need some advice

oilovlam

Aug 2, 2015
South East
...... this is a very underpaid industry so in the grand scheme of things maybe you've not really been overcharged.
Best wishes x

I know what you're saying CarpeDiem...the carers don't see much of the fee. I pay £18 for 30 minutes personal care. I think for that sort of money I want the full time I have paid for. If I was paying what the carer gets (probably near £7 per HOUR...or whatever the minimum wage is) then I wouldn't be so fussed.

I wish they would pay the carers more money and take less in management fees. But I guess that's capitalism.

Flake

Mar 9, 2015
An update - such unfair treatment

I have finally got a response - basically all my hard work and complaint has fell on completely deaf ears and despite the fact that I have covered care visits myself have cancelled visits giving notice,the Council still want paying for everything and I have been given a figure with no actual bill (£1,700 +) with the threat that if it is not paid they will proceed to recovery. Apparently the 30 minute charge is payable whether or not it is completed. I have asked for a copy agreement.

I know full well through my job that people who refuse to pay can accumulate bills of a huge amount but they still refuse to pay.

Needless to say I have complained yet again and am refusing to pay for visits that I have covered myself. Totally and utterly fed up with it all and the fact that there is no compromise ........ yet :mad::mad:

eddiesgirl

Oct 22, 2012
Midlands
Flake - don't make yourself ill over it, of course, but I well understand your determination to fight your Mum's corner (which is what you are doing, no more no less.) What you've described is slipshod care delivery and shoddy financial practice, after all.

Well done you! X

Flake

Mar 9, 2015
I have reported the Care Agency to the CQC who have said they will investigate. I then spoke to the local Government Ombudsman who were very helpful and suggested I see a copy of the Care contract. I did say that I had not signed one and that I would never have agreed to 30 minutes visits that could be shortened without consent as my Mum is a vulnerable adult. I then spoke to the original Social Worker who faffed and said he did not know how to get a copy contract. I said I was not at any time employed by the Care Agency so was not paid by them so my Mm should not be charged for my care visits. (Petty I know) He then suggested a meeting with the Care Agency to get a refund of visits. I said I would be happy to come to a compromise. Lets watch this space ...... :eek: xx

oilovlam

Aug 2, 2015
South East
I have reported the Care Agency to the CQC who have said they will investigate. I then spoke to the local Government Ombudsman who were very helpful and suggested I see a copy of the Care contract. I did say that I had not signed one and that I would never have agreed to 30 minutes visits that could be shortened without consent as my Mum is a vulnerable adult. I then spoke to the original Social Worker who faffed and said he did not know how to get a copy contract. I said I was not at any time employed by the Care Agency so was not paid by them so my Mm should not be charged for my care visits. (Petty I know) He then suggested a meeting with the Care Agency to get a refund of visits. I said I would be happy to come to a compromise. Lets watch this space ...... :eek: xx

Good on yer Flake. Rattle their cage. If more people did it then perhaps they wouldn't feel they can get away with poor behaviour. It's expensive enough as it is but if care agencies want to be paid for doing nothing then it's a downright con.

Not sure the CQC will want to get involved....they may want to see if you can sort it out with the agency first. They seem to think they are above such mundane matters. But it does show that you aren't going to back down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare