Thank you Canadian Joanne

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

This discussion is to say thank you to Canadian Joanne who has been a Volunteer Moderator on Talking Point since January 2009 - almost seven years!

thank you.jpg

Talking Point is a supportive and smooth running community - thanks to Joanne and our other Moderators and Hosts.

Joanne has remained cool during challenging times and, thanks to her Canadian timezone, has helped to keep an eye on the community in late evening.

In addition to this, Joanne and the other Moderators and Hosts help to support members who are going through a tough time, deal with issues that come along and help us to improve Talking Point's look and feel.

Joanne has decided to step down from the Moderator role and I wanted to start this thread to say thanks for giving Talking Point almost 7 years of her time.

Sending my warmest wishes across the Atlantic...

Serena :)

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Sad to see you step down Joanne, it has been a privilege to work along side of you and I will miss you. Your sense of humour and fun shone, my love and my very best wishes to you and Rudi and please keep in touch. Will be watching for your posts.

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Joanne you'll be missed. I seem to recall that your mum and Bill were diagnosed around the same time and passed around the same time. I kind of feel we moved along our TP pathway together. I hope we still see you here as a member.

Thanks for all of your support.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 438

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I loved working with you Joanne & I'll miss you. Thankyou for all the support you've given me xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Joanne , for becoming a valued colleague and friend. Xx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 448

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
O no Joanne and I have been looking out for your photos and news from your trip to the UK, have I missed it! Hate change but I suppose change is a big part of being on this web site. Good luck in your future.

Callandergirl

Apr 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

This discussion is to say thank you to Canadian Joanne who has been a Volunteer Moderator on Talking Point since January 2009 - almost seven years!

View attachment 53589

Talking Point is a supportive and smooth running community - thanks to Joanne and our other Moderators and Hosts.

Joanne has remained cool during challenging times and, thanks to her Canadian timezone, has helped to keep an eye on the community in late evening.

In addition to this, Joanne and the other Moderators and Hosts help to support members who are going through a tough time, deal with issues that come along and help us to improve Talking Point's look and feel.

Joanne has decided to step down from the Moderator role and I wanted to start this thread to say thanks for giving Talking Point almost 7 years of her time.

Sending my warmest wishes across the Atlantic...

Serena :)

Thank you for your time and effort Joanne.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Joanne

Thank you for your help and support over the years; I am sorry you're stepping down, but I hope we'll meet on here again. J x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Thank you everyone. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Yes, I will still be stopping in, I have simply stepped down from moderating. With my mother's death in August, I have been reflecting on changes in my life in general, as I'm sure many who have lost a loved one will understand. Although I no longer have a direct connection with dementia, Talking Point is still important to me. I have made some very good friends. There are so many more that I wish I could get to know better. Perhaps I will.

LadyA, watch out - we have tentative plans to go to Ireland in 2018. :D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thank you everyone. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Yes, I will still be stopping in, I have simply stepped down from moderating. With my mother's death in August, I have been reflecting on changes in my life in general, as I'm sure many who have lost a loved one will understand. Although I no longer have a direct connection with dementia, Talking Point is still important to me. I have made some very good friends. There are so many more that I wish I could get to know better. Perhaps I will.

LadyA, watch out - we have tentative plans to go to Ireland in 2018. :D
Oh goody!! Do come visit me - 2jays can tell you, this is a very nice area! And I'm very polite and well mannered![emoji16]

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thank you Joanne for being here and I am glad to hear that you won't be leaving TP completely. I wish you well in your ability to spread your wings a little further in the coming months and years. xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5