1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. SerenaS

SerenaS Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2011
    London
    Hi everyone,

This discussion is to say thank you to Canadian Joanne who has been a Volunteer Moderator on Talking Point since January 2009 - almost seven years!

thank you.jpg

Talking Point is a supportive and smooth running community - thanks to Joanne and our other Moderators and Hosts.

Joanne has remained cool during challenging times and, thanks to her Canadian timezone, has helped to keep an eye on the community in late evening.

In addition to this, Joanne and the other Moderators and Hosts help to support members who are going through a tough time, deal with issues that come along and help us to improve Talking Point's look and feel.

Joanne has decided to step down from the Moderator role and I wanted to start this thread to say thanks for giving Talking Point almost 7 years of her time.

Sending my warmest wishes across the Atlantic...

Serena :)

2. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

I would like to add my thanks too. I wish Joanne every happiness in the future.

3. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    #3 jaymor, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Sad to see you step down Joanne, it has been a privilege to work along side of you and I will miss you. Your sense of humour and fun shone, my love and my very best wishes to you and Rudi and please keep in touch. Will be watching for your posts.

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Joanne you'll be missed. I seem to recall that your mum and Bill were diagnosed around the same time and passed around the same time. I kind of feel we moved along our TP pathway together. I hope we still see you here as a member.

Thanks for all of your support.

Attached Files:

5. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I loved working with you Joanne & I'll miss you. Thankyou for all the support you've given me xx

6. Chemmy

Chemmy Registered User

Nov 7, 2011
    Yorkshire
    You will be missed, Joanne, but we all wish you well for 2017 and beyond.

Keep in touch :)

7. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Thank you Joanne , for becoming a valued colleague and friend. Xx

Attached Files:

8. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    O no Joanne and I have been looking out for your photos and news from your trip to the UK, have I missed it! Hate change but I suppose change is a big part of being on this web site. Good luck in your future.

9. LynneMcV

LynneMcV Volunteer Moderator

May 9, 2012
    south-east London
    Thanks for everything you have done Canadian Joanne and all the encouraging posts along the way xx

10. Soobee

Soobee Registered User

Aug 22, 2009
    South
    Thank you so much for your support and advice.

11. Callandergirl

Callandergirl Registered User

Apr 23, 2013
    Thank you for your time and effort Joanne.

12. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Will miss you and thank you for all you help over the years!

13. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Thank you Joanne - hope you will be stopping in now and then?

14. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    Hi Joanne

Thank you for your help and support over the years; I am sorry you're stepping down, but I hope we'll meet on here again. J x

15. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Thank you everyone. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Yes, I will still be stopping in, I have simply stepped down from moderating. With my mother's death in August, I have been reflecting on changes in my life in general, as I'm sure many who have lost a loved one will understand. Although I no longer have a direct connection with dementia, Talking Point is still important to me. I have made some very good friends. There are so many more that I wish I could get to know better. Perhaps I will.

LadyA, watch out - we have tentative plans to go to Ireland in 2018. :D

16. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Thanks for all your input over the years its been invaluable

17. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    Thank you Joanne - I hope we still hear from you from time to time. Take care.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

18. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    Joanne

Thank you for all your support, is it really 7 years?

Wishing you and your family well for the future.

19. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Oh goody!! Do come visit me - 2jays can tell you, this is a very nice area! And I'm very polite and well mannered![emoji16]

20. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Thank you Joanne for being here and I am glad to hear that you won't be leaving TP completely. I wish you well in your ability to spread your wings a little further in the coming months and years. xxx