advice please

raptorman1957

Jan 5, 2016
manchester
Well where to begin, question 1. When i received my diagnosis of early onset alzheimers i was told i would get a letter from the consultant i recieved this a while back but only just read it propely on this it says quote under the heading "impression" young onset alzheimers does this mean thats what i have. Its the word impression that has me comfused. Question 2. I was given a prescription for donepezil but had side effects so taken off that
Next week i start on galantamine has anyone any expeiriance of this.

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi raptorman1957
certainly seems like that's the diagnosis
feel free to go back to the consultant or GP to check and get more information, I think they forget sometimes that we are not all, initially, up with the 'jargon'
dad took donepezil and was OK, so I don't know about your new meds - however we know people who do and I'm sure someone else will be able to give you more info - I hope these meds suit you better
best wishes

Last edited:

raptorman1957

Jan 5, 2016
manchester
Thanks for the reply, i suppose in regards my comments regarding impression is just wishful thinking on my part not very good with grey areas prefer yes you have not a opinion which is what impression seems to bring to my mind. Anyway maybe thats just me thinking seems strangly foggy at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare