advice please

raptorman1957

Jan 5, 2016
manchester
Well where to begin, question 1. When i received my diagnosis of early onset alzheimers i was told i would get a letter from the consultant i recieved this a while back but only just read it propely on this it says quote under the heading "impression" young onset alzheimers does this mean thats what i have. Its the word impression that has me comfused. Question 2. I was given a prescription for donepezil but had side effects so taken off that
Next week i start on galantamine has anyone any expeiriance of this.

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi raptorman1957
certainly seems like that's the diagnosis
feel free to go back to the consultant or GP to check and get more information, I think they forget sometimes that we are not all, initially, up with the 'jargon'
dad took donepezil and was OK, so I don't know about your new meds - however we know people who do and I'm sure someone else will be able to give you more info - I hope these meds suit you better
best wishes

Last edited:

raptorman1957

Jan 5, 2016
manchester
Thanks for the reply, i suppose in regards my comments regarding impression is just wishful thinking on my part not very good with grey areas prefer yes you have not a opinion which is what impression seems to bring to my mind. Anyway maybe thats just me thinking seems strangly foggy at the moment.