Dad is dying.

Hibni

Sep 16, 2013
So sorry about your loss. I hope you will be able to focus on the happy memories that you have of your Dad.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Betsie, I am so sorry. Your dad's body just carried on, but maybe his spirit was elsewhere by the end? I hope and pray that you can overcome the painful memory of his last days, and remember the man he was for the greater part of his life.
Wishing you peace and comfort at this sad time.

keywest67

Mar 19, 2012
Coventry
Betsie, I am so very sorry for your loss and the terrible situation you have had to witness over the last 19 days, thank goodness your Dad is now at peace and he has no more suffering , it's devastating to watch loved ones go this way and in my mind it's not right, we should be able to help with a peaceful passing.......for some reason I always thought death would be peaceful and calm until I saw my Dad die and also my cousin from breast cancer and I now know death doesn't always come easy.
It's hard to get the image out your head and yes I still have flashbacks but they are getting less and I remember now my wonderful Dad before alzheimers and I'm sure you will experience the same in time.
I hope your Mum is coping and any decline in her is slow.......it effects everyone differently as I'm sure you know so take it one day at a time, it's all you can do.
Stay strong, have been thinking of you as your situation was so similar to my own in Nov and I understand how tough it is, take care xx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry, betsie, and hope that eventually the happy memories will overtake that last very painful memory. It's just not fair. Wishing you strength for the coming days, and hope that your mum remains as stable as possible for a long time to come.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
My condolences to you and strength and comfort to you in the coming year as you continue caring for your mum. x

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Condolences on the loss of your dad. I hope that you are able to look back at some old photos and try to block out the painful memories of his last days by bringing back thoughts of happier times. Take care.

Goldi

Mar 9, 2015
Oh its so hard.

I am in a simalar situation. My dad was admitted to hospital yesterday as he was no longer eating and drinking in the care home he went into about a month ago. Prior to that he was in hospital for a couple of months after a fall.

My sense is he has just had enough of everything which i completely understand but i hate the thought of him being unhappy and in pain and feel so helpless. I also feel like i am living on a knifes edge - waiting for a call to say he has got worse etc. At the same time my mum is ill having broken her back and i need to support her too so just cant give my dad the time that i would like.