A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Linda, remind me where you are going on March 25th… Australia rings a bell, but perhaps I’m way off course. ..

Loo xxx

You're not off course Loo. Linda will be visiting her sister in Australia. I hope she won't mind me replying for her.

Thank you Loo. We will try to keep in contact, a month's news is too much all in one go. Neither of us will be out late after daytime explorations so what could be better than keeping in touch with TP.

It's so kind of everyone to be so supportive and interested.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
My dear friends Sylvia and Helen

May you both find the peace and contentment you both so deserve.

May the sun shine always
be it always in your hearts and in your days

I wish for you both..... Many wishes I have for you both....

I wish for you contentment, peace, and a fulfilment of dreams...

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
It so exciting Sylvia and Helen! I'm researching my family history and learning a lot about Bengal in the 1700s. Have a fabulous time, and I'm really looking forward to hearing about your adventures and seeing the photographs xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thank you, Sylvia, for replying for Linda. I’m sure she wont mind. It’s a good time to go to Australia, not too burning hot but not cold either. Well… depends where in Australia. Unlike Britain, the further north the warmer the climate!

I'm guessing it wont be too burning hot in India as I think originally you were going in April, then an Indian lady you met advised you?

How long is the flight?

It's so kind of everyone to be so supportive and interested.
We are all very interested, and excited for you! Such an adventure, numerous different types of adventures....

Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Jennie .

I bet Dhiren didn't know his family history in Bengal in the 1700s. Mind you there was a dynasty of his name in the early ages. He used to tell Paul he was descended from royalty. We all thought it was a big joke till we found this dynasty on the Internet.

Fancy you remembering the Indian lady Loo. :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
It is amazing to log in here and see such support and interest. It is amazing but it shouldn't be because that's what is do special about Talking Point. I haven't logged in for ages and yet you still remember me and include me in your good wishes. It is truly wonderful.

I have every confidence that it will be special in ways that we cannot imagine as yet. I have spent the day with friends and the evening with family. They are all excited about our trip. My brother, Ron, is especially excited about the spiritual opportunities. We've done some sharing of spiritual experiences this evening and it was a really special time.

I never thought my suitcase would hold the things necessary to me now at my age and state of health. Half the case will be medication and the other half full of tennas LOL. I just need to squeeze in a few clothes and find room for ten ton of hair products. It only seems two minutes ago when I would pack a few g strings, a couple of bikinis and a couple of skimpy dresses. Those days have long gone. It's now yoga pants and long baggy tops LOL.

We will definitely keep in touch with plenty of photos.

Love

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Lovely to hear from you, Helen! Your day and evening sounded enjoyable, and the sharing of spiritual experiences.

I never thought my suitcase would hold the things necessary to me now at my age and state of health. Half the case will be medication and the other half full of tennas LOL. I just need to squeeze in a few clothes and find room for ten ton of hair products. It only seems two minutes ago when I would pack a few g strings, a couple of bikinis and a couple of skimpy dresses. Those days have long gone. It's now yoga pants and long baggy tops LOL.
That made me smile! If I could travel and was packing, that could be me to a T, all the items you mention! :eek::rolleyes:

You have retained your humour, Helen, and that is a great necessity!

I keep saying it but it is such an exciting adventure you and Sylvia have ahead of you. I am sure it will be special in ways you cannot as yet imagine... part of the exciting adventure.

How fascinating, Sylvia. about the dynasty of Dhiren's name and finding it on the internet. According to the programme 'Who Do You Think You Are' and those with Indian ancestors who have appeared on it, India has good records which go back a long way. Dazmum will know more about that I think as she is more experienced than me in family history research.

Anyway, the bestest of every good wish, Sylvia and Helen, and the days of this week will fly by, then you will be flying off! :):)

Love
Loo xxx

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Goodness, a week away! How wonderful.
Also another adventure to be able to share just a little.
I'm already sharing a little of Rathbone's so what with Izzy's from time to time too, I never have to go away myself!
Just as well really!
I'm looking forward to Edinburgh but have to confess that it doesn't have the same ring about it somehow. The company will be special though.:)

It's going to be amazing Sylvia and Helen.
So many new experiences.
Dhiren would be so very pleased and proud of you Sylvia.
I hope you have a magnificent time. xxx

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
We could always go to an Indian restaurant Saffie!!

I've just booked out tickets for 2nd Best Hotel Marigold for Saturday afternoon! I'll be thinking of you both. x

Last edited:

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
Hi Sylvia & Helen

I hope you both have a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to seeing photos and reading about your travels.
Dibs (Deborah) xx :)

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Glad you sorted ipad hope the trousers are finished too! Thanks for answering for me about Australia.

I have a new phone to learn what to do with as well as tablet and the family don't explain s l o w l y enough for me!! ;)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You`ll get to know your phone and tablet in time Linda. I know I don`t use mine to it`s full capacity but know enough for my needs and keep learning snippets.

Today I will open my case and see how much room the toiletries take.

I don`t use make up or hair products other than shampoo and conditioner but even so the tops of two cupboards are filled with anti histamine, insect repellent, anti Delhi Belly, antiseptic wipes, prescription meds, etc. etc.

I have been informed there is a recent increase of flu in India , including swine flu. We have both consulted our GPs and have been told the standard flu jab we`ve both had should protect us and my GP added `You have had your flu jab, no further action is necessary but keep your hands sanitised. `

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Just very briefly as this isn't the place for it, my 4 x gt (no, not ft!) grandfather married an Indian 'native' woman in 1760. He was in the Hon East India company and was born there too. She converted to Catholicism in order to marry him and they had 10 children, only five of which survived. Find My Past has many Indian records even going back that far and I was lucky enough to find his will that detailed every possession that he had, which gave an idea about what his life might have been like. All his children, even though they were married, were classed as illegitimate, because they weren't married in the eye of the Anglican church. It's clear from the will and other papers that they were very happily married and much loved by their children, who arranged for a memorial stone for them.
I'll be quiet about it now, it's given me much excitement to discover this just this week and I've gravitated on about it on the Family History group in TP!

How many suitcases are you allowed to take Sylvia, are you based in one hotel or moving about? I must go back and read your original post about it!

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
This certainly is the place for it Jennie. How exciting. Please post whatever you find, it`s fascinating. [ I`m sure your gtgtgtgt grandfather wasn`t 4 ft ] :D

We are allowed one case @ 20kg and hand luggage @ 10kg. We will be based in one hotel and go on trips from there. If the destinations are further away we can stay overnight anywhere. The only problem is lugging bags around. We really want to avoid that if possible and I`m not good at travelling light. :eek:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
How incredibly exciting, Sylvia! ahow about a small bottle of hand sanitizer for your handbag? Please leave room in your case to bring things back.

Hand sanitiser already there Joanne.

I`ve a shipping order from my grandchildren, saris, baggy pants, wall hanging , henna, bindis..........:D

I love it. Usually I can only give them money as gifts, I can`t be trusted to buy them anything they`ll like. This time they have condescended to trust me . :rolleyes: :)

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Sorry friends - the only excitement i can confess to is a day out to Bognor next Tuesday with a friend to visit an Aunt who she has just learned is in a Dementia Home.
Asked me to go with her as "I know the ropes" - to quote her. I suspect she is a little uncertain of what she will have to face when we arrive so have given her a "sanitized" version based on daily visits to my "boy's" Nursing Home. Bognor in February - not my idea of fun!

However, live screening that evening from Royal Opera House of Wagner's "Flying Dutchman" with Bryn Terfel as the Dutchman - yes I've booked myself a ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5