WIFE has become a widow

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a lovely and appropriate poem. I'd not heard it before. Wishing you strength. x

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Lovely choice WIFE. Hope orders of service ARE printed in time so you don't have more hassle. How about a long coat to cover up jeans and sweatshirt, the only problem is you have to take it off at the hotel!

Sent from my GT-N5110

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Horror of horrors - when I returned from purchasing a very nice black worsted coat in the sales and a pair of very plain grey trousers with which I shall wear a lilac jumper, last present my husband bought for me - a little bit bobbly but who cares - I could not find the dog biscuit tin anywhere. Searched high and low - eventually ran it to ground in the fridge. Dog not best impressed with frozen biscuits. Now working on Order of Service just in case!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Just catching up, so sorry for your loss, you did (and cared) so much for him.

Your flowers sound wonderful, simple but summing up a life and what it meant.

I hope you do lay a red rose on his coffin.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Oh, gosh Wife. All you, Lyn and Scarlett have gone through trying to arrange funerals has made me so glad that I arranged William's a few years ago, when I got my hands on some spare money! Coffin, graveyard, funeral directors, car - even flowers and headstone - all sorted and paid for.

Very wise LadyA - but my husband and also my Mother before him were the type of people who would not countenance even the word death or dying let alone the thought. It just was not going to happen to them so no discussions were ever held as to what they would like by way of a Funeral. My Mother, according to my Brother was a sybarite so we had the Overture to "Marriage of Figaro" going in, Kyrie from Puccini's Messa di Gloria for the Commital and Frank Sinatra singing "Fly me to the moon" going out. Brought the house down as so many people had partied with my Mother through the years. Seems there is so much to think about and fine tune just when I would like to shut down my mind for a month.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Very wise LadyA - but my husband and also my Mother before him were the type of people who would not countenance even the word death or dying let alone the thought. It just was not going to happen to them so no discussions were ever held as to what they would like by way of a Funeral. My Mother, according to my Brother was a sybarite so we had the Overture to "Marriage of Figaro" going in, Kyrie from Puccini's Messa di Gloria for the Commital and Frank Sinatra singing "Fly me to the moon" going out. Brought the house down as so many people had partied with my Mother through the years. Seems there is so much to think about and fine tune just when I would like to shut down my mind for a month.

Hang on in there sweetie. I find myself envying like hell people who say "my sister has done the Order of Service" or "no need for me to drive - my cousin has ferried me everywhere", or "meals have been cooked and laid in front of me". I know you want to absent yourself from reality - there is so much to think about. But you'll know in your heart the right songs to choose.

Again, any help I can give, please PM me. :)

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Thanks Scarlett - I'm now nursing a very nasty, niggly little upper back ache which does not help the shining hour at all. Expect its all the stress! Cannot believe a week has gone by since my boy passed away. Find it harder and harder to come to terms with the fact instead of easier. Funny thing the human mind - don't we know.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thanks Scarlett - I'm now nursing a very nasty, niggly little upper back ache which does not help the shining hour at all. Expect its all the stress! Cannot believe a week has gone by since my boy passed away. Find it harder and harder to come to terms with the fact instead of easier. Funny thing the human mind - don't we know.

For your backache, I can recommend heat. It's also very comforting. You can get stick on heat patches which are very good as they give constant warmth for about 8 hours. Enough time to get the muscles to relax.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
I also like to use heat for pain. If I am staying in one place I use microwaved wheat bags. Hope it eases

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hope everything is in place for the funeral, and that your back pain has eased. Thinking of you, and holding you tight in my heart, and special thoughts to all carers, who have been recently bereaved.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi WIFE

I hope you are doing as ok as you possibly can be. Be confident that whatever choices you make will be the right ones.

Love

Lyn T XXXXXXXX

DIANE69

Jan 7, 2014
wirral
WIFE
Just wanted to say still thinking about you.I have not been able to face coming back f0r a day or 2.Like you some how I just seem to feel worse as the funeral approaches.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
To Diane and WIFE: A couple of weeks ago, when I was in your position, with Lyn, I was torn between wanting the day to hurry up and come, and be over, and dreading its arrival. It's such an anxiety filled time because you want everything to be just right for the love of your life.

And it will be. Whatever you've both decided on will be right, because in your hearts, you both know your darling husbands' wishes so well. So many of us have lost our lovely lads recently, but they're in good company, and they'll all be supporting each other, like we do here.

Keep strong, my darlings. Remember, you both gave your lovely lads so much love and care, and that love will never diminish.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Back okay now but nerves kicking in well and truly. Keep thinking of things I think I haven't done and then find I have. Now a forecast of snow for today and tomorrow doesn't help much but what will be will be and if it is only me - well I'll have to do Tribute, Readings etc all on my own!

Thinking of you Diane69 as we face the Funerals. Then life has to return to some sort of normality if its possible.

Loving thoughts to one and all

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope the snow holds off. It's certainly very cold here today but rain is forecast for later in the week so you might be ok.
Nerves are natural. I was absolutely terrifed approaching the crematorium in the funeral car.
Once inside the building, I forgot everyone and everything but the person in front of me to whom I was bidding goodbye.He was all that mattered.
After all the agonising over music, hymns etc., they passed over me as I tried to hold on to my grief.
It will be fine, Wife. You have prepared the way well and now you just have to walk down it.
On Thursday, your friends here will be just over your shoulder, holding you up. xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
WIFE and Diane- yes nerves do kick in but, as Saffie said, you go into automatic mode and concentrate on your Husband. I felt as though it was the last thing on Earth that I could do to show Pete how much I loved him. I also knew that Pete was a very understanding person who wouldn't have minded if anyone couldn't carry on with their speech etc:) All will be well-you can't control the snow or people who don't turn up (how our men would laugh at that one:D)-just try to get through the day by realising that you have both done your very best.

Love as always

Lyn T XX

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Back okay now but nerves kicking in well and truly. Keep thinking of things I think I haven't done and then find I have. Now a forecast of snow for today and tomorrow doesn't help much but what will be will be and if it is only me - well I'll have to do Tribute, Readings etc all on my own!

Thinking of you Diane69 as we face the Funerals. Then life has to return to some sort of normality if its possible.

Loving thoughts to one and all

We have a saying in Germany that's when it snows at a funeral it's a blessing from above . Thinking of you both xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77