I wish I knew how to do this!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry you're feeling so worried bemused. I can't sleep either but nothing I'm particularly worried about. I just can't sleep. Hope your husband is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
No fun is it Izzy! I am tired beyond tired but my brain just will not switch off. It's quite windy tonight so that isn't helping either

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I do I can't sleep AGAIN. I just can't shake this sense of foreboding I hate this upcoming holiday especially when I know hubby is under the weather. I'm glad I didn't cancel any of the carers calls, I'd probably worry myself frantic if I was on my own.

About a week after my hubby came home from hospital, he looked so ill, bemused, that I thought he wouldn't make it until Christmas. I was asking who I'd call when everywhere is shut. Things looked that bad.

He's since recovered well, so I'm now up all night! We've just had a hot pie each, and he's sitting there like most people would during daylight hours!

If you're not used to being alone, I would understand 'frantic'. Since we've always been 'out of sight, out of mind', I know that unless he's in hospital, I will be alone with him, here at home, when 'that' time comes. I won't be spared it. Nobody cares what happens to us. Now that I know that, it helps me to cope. Makes me stronger. I have to be, or else I'd fall apart.

Huge cyber hug comin' your way, right now.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Sorry you're feeling so worried bemused. I can't sleep either but nothing I'm particularly worried about. I just can't sleep. Hope your husband is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Izzy; Bemused - PLEASE try. Please try to sleep. I spent all day yesterday trying to fight it. Kept falling asleep in the chair. By six o'clock last night, I felt quite ill. Told hubby I was going to bed, and I went. He went, too. It was the best four and a half hours kip I've enjoyed in a long, long time. Really did me good.

Isn't it awful that we used to take so much for granted in the old days? Sleeping was something we all did when we felt like it. Now, it's an absolute necessity. Don't fight it, girls. Do yourselves a favour and put the worries down for a bit, and close your eyes, preferably snuggled under a good blanket, or whatever you use.

My love to you both. xx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Had a couple of hours. No I am used to being on my own chuggalug and that's why I worry. I'm also pretty used to being invisible. So I understand having to hold it all togetherness but there are times when you wonder just how you're supposed to do it aren't there?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
there are times when you wonder just how you're supposed to do it aren't there?

Yes you do, do don't you? I hope that we can all support each other to do just that. Take care bemused. xx

hokeycokey

Feb 24, 2014
Another non sleeper here and again with DH now in a CH for six months I thought I'd be back to normal but think it's worse worrying and guilt monsters etc. I know I'm tired which doesn't help. Party for new tonight but only going briefly to be sociable as by old family home and will be very posh. Up at stupid o'clock tomorrow to leave for work at 5am. I'll be sound asleep then (not) but probably worrying about waking up!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Still up Izzy? Got to get up and take the dog out in half an hour just to make sure the poor girl does get a walk before the morning mayhem starts
It's good to know that tp is there in the wee small hours when things look at their bleakest

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
No, not up! I'm in bed using the laptop. I rarely get up other than when I have to get up to help Bill with something or other - usually a loo visit. During the wee small hours I use my iphone. Normally I go through and get the ipad or macbook around 5/6 am. I might snatch a snooze before I get up around 8. Unlikely as I feel Candy Crush calling!:D

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Leave At 5am hokey cokey - what for-early start or travelling. One way or another it gets us all but banish those guilt monsters, they have no right to punish you

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Aww bemused what an awful night for you again bless . I had a better sleep last night wish the same for you! You are not alone my lovely as we all care much love to you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hope you've all had a reasonable night. I've had some sleep but wide awake from 3.30.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I wish Izzy! Did sleep for a while but awake again from 2am. Given up now and having coffee and biscuits.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65