I wish I knew how to do this!

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
How exciting, a new computer, half an hour to set up, you must be a whizz it would take me half a year:D

Hope you can rest that back and those legs for a bit:)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
How exciting, a new computer, half an hour to set up, you must be a whizz it would take me half a year:D

Hope you can rest that back and those legs for a bit:)

That reminds me of some lyrics, Sue: "Oh, wouldn't it be luvverly! Luvverly," and so on. Not a hope, tho'. Have to keep getting up and down to check the chicken, wash up, do the washing...OH, do the washing. Phfff, forgot about that! Too late to dry it tonight :( Ho-hum, and still have the spuds to cook.

Got the new pooter charging at the moment. Looks like another late night, ha!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Glad about the new computer. Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-N5110

I've had a look. Phew, but there's some work to do. Loadsa crud to be scrubbed off, new software to install and big tweaks. I won't be happy until I've done a good week's work on it, but it's a beautiful little machine. Love the screen, although it's 2" smaller than the one I'm using now.

Windows 8 is very, very different, and I found out the OS is running on 64bit rather than 32bit; which means I'm gonna have to check all my big software will work on the new pooter!

I'll be wearing me printer out, shortly, getting all the info I need, ha! Hope I've got enough ink ;) :) :D

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I've just got a new computer. Windows 8 is a whole world away from vista and taking my poor old brain a while to get used to. But so much faster!!

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I've just moved to Windows 8, it's OK but there are little changes to things that you always knew how to do and now I spend my life trying to work out where I can find how to do it in the new world. That's progress!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I just bought an Idiot's Guide to Windows 8. I'm gonna need that, but I love how MSFT have used live tiles. The old Gadgets from Vista and 7 are exactly the same, but as Apps, now. I'll be grabbing a few of those next month, plus whatever Word is called, these days :D

Just had to order a big fat usb memory stick so I can run the recovery thing. Had a sleep in the chair. Extreme night with everything I touched, falling apart; hubby really unwell and I fell and cut me knee.

Finally drying the washing! I'm gonna sleep all day at this rate ;)

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Oh ladies. I do feel for you all. Know what you are all going thru so well. My OH is now resident in a CH and I don't get disturbed at night any longer but still have difficulty in regaining my sleep pattern. My Christmas wish is a good night's sleep for you all.

Know what you mean Truth = I too thought I would sleep well again once husband settled into NH but still only seem to get three hours a night then the mind start whirring round and round and in the end I get up and wander round the house just like, I expect my husband was wandering round the corridors of the NH until a few weeks ago. Crazy world!

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
You would think it might start getting better 6 months down the line, WIFE, but I suppose it's our subconscious worry that does it. Feeling quite melancholy today. It comes and goes.

Oh Chuggalug. Things seem to go from bad to worse for you. Please try to take care of yourself. Loving thoughts. Verity

Sent from my GT-N5110

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh Chuggalug. Things seem to go from bad to worse for you. Please try to take care of yourself. Loving thoughts. Verity

Sent from my GT-N5110

Thanks Verity, and so sorry you're feeling low. I wouldn't even dare to try and list what's happened to this household over the last 24 hours. It would read like someone hexed us. You couldn't make it up. That, I do know.

Still haven't been to bed. The washing took ages to finish drying. Might give up and eat instead of sleep, as it's so late, now ;)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Don't know what I have to feel low about when I read of other's posts, Chuggalug. At least Fred is being cared for well but it just hits you occasionally.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Don't know what I have to feel low about when I read of other's posts, Chuggalug. At least Fred is being cared for well but it just hits you occasionally.

Sent from my GT-N5110

We all have emotions, mate. Yours are no less valid than anybody else's. Just had a bowl of chicken casserole I made last night. Keep me goin' fer ages, that will! :D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I think we've all been through the mill, one way or another, and we're "entitled" to feel as low as we do. I've just written John's birthday card - it's on Christmas Day - and burst out crying. I'm also fed up with neighbours and friends telling me that I am A Strong Woman.

I haven't chosen this role. I wish I had someone else to take some of the strain, but I haven't. I am feeling mighty sorry for myself. :(

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
You have every right to feel sorry for yourself. How hard to have John's birthday on Christmas Day. Wish I could do more than send a virtual hug.

image.jpg

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
A big comforting hug to you Scarlett. You are certainly having a tough time at the moment and adding in to that John's birthday... and, as to being strong, I don't kmow about you but I sometimes feel like a child wanting my mum to give me a cuddle.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I think we've all been through the mill, one way or another, and we're "entitled" to feel as low as we do. I've just written John's birthday card - it's on Christmas Day - and burst out crying. I'm also fed up with neighbours and friends telling me that I am A Strong Woman.

I haven't chosen this role. I wish I had someone else to take some of the strain, but I haven't. I am feeling mighty sorry for myself. :(

My love to you, Scarlett. I can't imagine how you feel. Wanted to tell you I care about it. Have a hug on me, xx

I think only yesterday, after all that walking I did, I wished someone would make ME dinner! My blokie used to do ALL of the cooking. Every. Single. Day. Now, it's my turn to be in charge of it all. I just wish I was better at it, sigh...

Well, folks. I DID...wait for it...manage to get some sleep, Wheehee ;) :D :) I feel soooooo much better. Does anyone need cheering up?

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I do I can't sleep AGAIN. I just can't shake this sense of foreboding I hate this upcoming holiday especially when I know hubby is under the weather. I'm glad I didn't cancel any of the carers calls, I'd probably worry myself frantic if I was on my own.