Pete may be about to start end of life care

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Lyn, he's in a quiet and gentle place, I hope this gives you some peace in your own heart, and you feel the strength that comes from the love and support surrounding you.

Stephanie, xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
How are things Lyn? Hope Pete is free from pain. xxx

Well he was in pain on Friday. The GP was called out because his psoriasis flared up big time. His little legs and elbows had become red raw. Gp prescribed additional cream to be used. That's three sets of cream now which have to be rubbed in twice a day. Just doing that is exhausting for Pete. On the plus side Pete has gone two weeks with no apparent infections.

Otherwise Scarlett, Pete is just like your OH. Sleeping, sleeping,sleeping.

Love to you all

Lyn T XX

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for the update, Lyn. I hope the sleep helps Pete to not feel any discomfort from his psoriasis. Hope you're holding up too, wish you truckloads of strength and comfort.

Stephanie, xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
No need to post Lyn as you must be exhausted.
Just for you to know you are constantly in my thoughts. xxx

I am totally exhausted-mainly because on Sunday night I had a nightmare and woke up at 3.00am -I still haven't recovered as I couldn't get back to sleep:(

In my bad dream I found out that Pete wasn't suffering from Dementia, instead he had some form of brain problem which resulted in 'locked in' syndrome and he was perfectly aware of what was happening to him. In the dream this was only discovered on his death. Of course, the dream went on and I came to the realisation that I had condemned him to a CH when all he needed was a 'simple' brain operation.:eek:

I've been googling ever since.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I am totally exhausted-mainly because on Sunday night I had a nightmare and woke up at 3.00am -I still haven't recovered as I couldn't get back to sleep:(

I've been googling ever since.

Stop googling ;)

I my nightmare last night everyone was telling me I never should have put Tom in a CH, 'They would never ever do that to someone they cared about'

Then I woke up to see an enormous spider running across the bed, an hallucination.

You are just exhausted, please look after yourself. xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
gosh your mind is being horrible to you - what a horrible nightmare. There is no such thing as a 'simple' brain op and I am sure you have found that when you've googled it. We just don't know enough about the brain yet.

Locked-in syndrome is very different in symptoms to dementia.

Can only send hugs; I understand what a devastating effect these dreams can have (As a teenager I once dreamt that my dad was a child abuser - he would never ever have done anything like that and I couldn't get over how my mind could even suggest it.)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oddly enough Lyn, I had a dream last week which played on my mind for days as it was about Dave and home and dementia and mistakes - all weighing heavily on me and I awoke in tears.
Oddly enough, even though it haunted me for all that time, I now can't recall the exact detail of it.
I won't say to try to forget your's but just let it go.
Doubts are natural.
You've done and are doing your best.
Love and cherish him now, it's what he needs, you too. xxxxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407