A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Huge respect for you Sylvia.

I do hope that now Dhiren is back safe with people who care that you can catch your breath and hopefully get some rest.

As has been said, you are a strong lady, hopefully you are still feeling strong, and not wrung out like a wet rag, and you will remember to look after you too, when you feel able, but don't leave it too long.

xx

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so pleased that Dhiren is back in his safe environment Sylvia.
I hope he soon settles.

I wish we could all ensure, hospitals address a persons needs appropriately.
My worry is for those who have no one to speak up for them.

In addition to your complaint, will you be able to ask, what measures have been taken to rectify the poor treatment and lack of understanding in the future?

I expect you are feeling pretty exhausted now too.
If I could bottle strength, I'd pop one in the post.
Meanwhile sending it virtually.

Geum xxxxxX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've just come home and have rushed on here for news of you and Dhiren. I am so pleased that Dhiren is now back in his home. You must be so relieved. I hope he now goes from strength to strength.

I hope you don't mind but am going to copy both your posts and keep them safe in case a time comes when I need to have the wonderful example you have given us on how to handle such a situation with dignity and determination. Myself? I would have gone to pieces and dissolved in tears.
I hope the complaint you now make will have a positive effect on the treatment of future patients in that hospital. Well done for staying so strong when I'm sure you were so upset and crying inside. love xxx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I am so sorry to read this Sylvia poor Dhiren and what a way to treat you both!

Last May when Vic was in hospital I refused to leave and although meal times were protected they agreed to let me stay, I actually remained there Monday to Friday and went home to shower when one of our children came. I sat in the visitors room all night and went to the ward every half hour to see him. I understood about the need for privacy for the other 5 men in his bay but it was hard for Vic to have any peace as they had the TV on loudly and as you know he hated noise.

On the Friday we signed him out and took him back to the care home so we could all stay with him for his final days he died on the Sunday at peace with his family and the carers who loved and knew him.

I am so glad you had the courage and knowledge to challenge the staff and to make a complaint. As you so rightly said this is what all carers dread. Sometimes I think hospital is the last place for someone with dementia/Alzheimer's.

I hope you are rested now and Dhiren is settled and makes progress.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren Out of hospital.jpg

This is the sight that met me this morning.

And I was given such a warm welcome from the staff. What a pleasure.

It seems the ward has a bit of a reputation, as has the nurse who was so abrasive.

But it`s all over now bar the complaint procedure which I will attend to between Christmas and the New Year. Dhiren is back where I feel he is safe and contented and pictures like the one above don`t lie.

My stress has gone but I am very tired. Thank you for all the supportive messages and encouragement.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Jeany.

Paul took a photo of Dhiren in hospital which was very different. I don`t seem able to find it on my phone but if I do I will post it too.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Such excellent news Sylvia. I'm so pleased for you both. Such a good picture of Dhiren. Take care. x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Really first rate news, Sylvia, and such a lovely picture: as snug as a bug in a rug. :)

More depressing to hear that this is a nurse with "history". :(

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so pleased to see Dhiren looking so contented Sylvia.
Wonderful picture. He's obviously pleased to be back in his home.

I hope you will be able to have a restful night tonight.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I wish you a restful sleep tonight Sylvia.

A photo like that gladdens the heart.

If you start ceiling watching tonight, just look at that photo again, and get yourself snugged up knowing he is snugged up and content.

xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Well Sylvia, like you say a picture doesn't lie. What a wonderful photo. Hopefully you can begin to rest and get back into your routine.

Love

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Sylvia this picture shows what a good home can do. Hopefully it will make others who have to face allowing a care home to look after their loved ones more confident. I now have no fear of going into a care home having seen how my husband is cared for too. Great to see Dhiren looking settled and happy.

Going into hospital is more of an ordeal than going into care. Shame on them all Sylvia and well done you for confronting them.

Jay x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.