Nightmare!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
It's a lovely thought @jennifer1967 but I've woken in the middle of the night after the sensation of falling as well!

MaNaAk

I am sometimes flying or climbing scaffolding and it's quite nice to feel 'high'.

MaNaAk
im bad enough with a step ladder and the height of the cupboards. the bungee jumping off the tallest bridge is a sight to see

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I once dreamed that there was a spider in the bed and climbed over my husband to get away. I knee'd him in the chest and then fell off the wrong side of the bed. It was years ago and I am still laughing. He said I was like a mad thing trying to escape.

I often dream that I am falling and then wake with a jump.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
When I was a teenager I used to turn the light out and leap into bed but once I missed my target and ended up with my head inside the bedside cabinet. Meanwhile mum and dad would moan about each other snoring, getting in and out of bed during the night and talking to themselves. Also the trouble with dad is that he used to tease mum about the next day and she would love literally say look who's talking!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
many years ago when we first got together, i woke up with my hands around his neck trying to strangle him. should have taken that as a warning

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I am going to bed with a smile on my face after having read @Duggies-girl's reply!?

MaNaAk
I am glad that it made you smile @MaNaAk

Earlier this week I came across a rather large spider hiding underneath the spider plant in the dining room. My husband was watching football so I called my son to catch the thing and put it outside (they are never harmed in our house) Well my son took one look at the spider plant and said 'I can't touch that' he doesn't like gnarly things and as the spider plant had some baby spider plants it looked rather gnarly.

So my husband had to leave his football and save us both from the spider and the spider plant babies.

I also remember dad and me trying to evict a spider from his conservatory with a long handled dustpan and brush, we were like Laurel and Hardy between us trying to get this spider out of the door. Jumping about like mad things even though the spider was already long dead before we found it. I don't know which of us was worse.

I have many spider stories.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have one of these. Highly recommended.

1625374724604.png

Catch it and release it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Grab an empty jar and use that anyway I have a few horror stories having lived in Malaysia. One must remember that this is a tropical country where insects and arachnids are bigger. Also you can keep your house as clean as possible but must still expect wildlife visitors. One night I could feel a cockroach scuttle over my face these are horrible beetles but they don't bite however during the eighties when we moved back here and dad had to go back to work in Malaysia the house that still belonged to us then was a wooden long house and once he was in bed with a centipede! Luckily he wasn't bitten! We also had two scorpions but the other wildlife visitors were a chameleon, atlas moth, monkeys, flying squirrels and as a member of Butterfly Conservation I wish I'd been more interested in the amazing butterflies. The dawn chorus was amazing!

MaNaAk

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
The three inch cockroaches weren't venomous but they do spread disease and the centipedes were nine inches long and venomous.

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
The three inch cockroaches weren't venomous but they do spread disease and the centipedes were nine inches long and venomous.

MaNaAk
I am okay with cockroaches, centipedes and any other crawlies, it's just spiders that I don't like. I have managed to get them under a glass on occasion but I really really don't like them and neither did dad. I must try to be braver.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Well I was very busy last night after my big meal! I was in Italy with my son the Prime minister Boris Johnson and I ended up trying to prevent a child from being kidnapped! I was in Italy twenty-three years ago, I don't have children, am single and a few months younger than the Prime minister.

MaNaAk