The end is near for my poor mum

BrianSausage

Nov 2, 2018
Well things have progressed so much in the last week.
Mum has been in a coma like state for 8 days now. No fluid for 6 days and no food for 10 days.
We were called in by the home on Friday as mum’s breathing had changed and they thought the end was near.
It’s now Sunday, and I’ve only left her to go home and sleep. Other than that my brother and I have been at her side.
Mum has very heavy breathing and a gurling in her throat.

It’s so awful sitting here watching her struggle for breath, but she does not seem to be giving up.
My poor mum. What an awful end to her life.

KathrynAnne

Jun 6, 2018
South Yorkshire
What a very sad time for you. I remember going through this with my Dad and not daring to leave his side as I wanted to be there for him. Wishing you strength and peace for your Mum xx

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Well things have progressed so much in the last week.
Mum has been in a coma like state for 8 days now. No fluid for 6 days and no food for 10 days.
We were called in by the home on Friday as mum’s breathing had changed and they thought the end was near.
It’s now Sunday, and I’ve only left her to go home and sleep. Other than that my brother and I have been at her side.
Mum has very heavy breathing and a gurling in her throat.

It’s so awful sitting here watching her struggle for breath, but she does not seem to be giving up.
My poor mum. What an awful end to her life.

So sorry things are so hard for you. Such a difficult time. Sending you strength. Hope you mum has a peaceful passing in the end. Take care.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
So sorry for you all. Your mum is probably more peaceful than she sounds. It is a very difficult time for you all.

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
So sorry for your loss Briansausage my heart goes out to you and your family xx

BrianSausage

Nov 2, 2018
Thank you for all your kind messages.
I didn’t think the grief would hit me the way it has. I’m devastated.
I know my beautiful mum is at peace now, free of this awful disease, and I am sure this will bring me comfort in the months to come.
It’s just so raw at the moment x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smattels