Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s been a strange day, one where I’m not tied to times. I’ve ambled around 3 shops, bought dinner, walked around. No rushing. No checking times.

Youngest phoned. “I’m coming down”. I tried telling him he didn’t need to ... “I’m coming. End of”. Ok

Dinner went wrong. I lost it & told the men to deal & walked away. 2 neighbours asked about coming round. It’s ended as a brilliant evening.

We’ve talked. We’ve laughed. Everyone has gone to bed. Even Pooch, although I’m sure he will bed hop.

It’s been good. Boy does youngest give the best hugs

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sam, I'm glad youngest is with you and hope you have managed some sleep.

More (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) for the account!

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
It’s been a strange day, one where I’m not tied to times. I’ve ambled around 3 shops, bought dinner, walked around. No rushing. No checking times.

Youngest phoned. “I’m coming down”. I tried telling him he didn’t need to ... “I’m coming. End of”. Ok

Dinner went wrong. I lost it & told the men to deal & walked away. 2 neighbours asked about coming round. It’s ended as a brilliant evening.

We’ve talked. We’ve laughed. Everyone has gone to bed. Even Pooch, although I’m sure he will bed hop.

It’s been good. Boy does youngest give the best hugs

The not checking times was what I really struggled with. Life had revolved around Dad for so long I was totally lost without the routine & focus.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Sam, I hope you were able to get some quality sleep last night, it will take you some time to make good the deficit you had built up.

I'm glad your son came to see you. He is clearly a good lad - as he should be with you as his role model! :)

As Cat says, life has revolved around the PWD for so long, it can be hard to know how to fill the time when they have gone.

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Sam so glad your boy is with you , and just when you need him the most he gives you the most precious of hugs. ...hugs. A x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Sarasa

Nice to meet you ;) “Blushing” at anyone having admiration for me :oops:, I just stepped up each level as it came, as many of us do. o_O Thank you. It does feel strange to have to think about me now

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Morning @love.dad.but.. Ooh, more hugs :) Yes, the intensity of the last 3 weeks will live on forever in my mind, we bonded
I always got on fairly well with my dad but even so his last 2 weeks of not leaving his side and that special time even when he was unconscious spent with him will stay with me...in a good way. I am glad you too had that feeling of bonding with your mum. Take each day as it comes and don't ask too much of yourself. Intense caring leaves a big hole suddenly and it will take time to adjust to some degree. Youngest sounds a diamond...family hugs are the best :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Prudence9

It does feel so quiet. I feel like I need to go check on Mum, but it’s an empty room, with an empty bed.

Brother & I sit quietly with tea & coffee, he even asks me about crossword clues ... little sister might have a suggestion :rolleyes: We are definately more comfortable sitting together, quietly getting on with our own interests

Thank you, the eiderdown hugs are sumptuous :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Marnie63

Thank you, I’m just glad she’s finally painfree. It’s a day at a time, very strange time, feeling like I’m drifting & time has little meaning.

I’m musing over things I could do, later, visiting friends both near & far .... after all the paperwork, house clearing etc, I think I’ll need to get away.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think that when you have done all the paper work, clearing etc etc you should start a new thread - Travels with Poppet
:)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hi Sam. Sorry to hear your news but really pleased that your mum is pain free and dementia free. (Sorry so late to post )

I'll add some hugs to the hug bank.

I hope you can when you are ready plan some travels in poppet.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
@Slugsta , @rosy18 , @reedysue & @love.dad.but.. It just felt like the right thing to do. Pooch knew she was not well, he whined & growled at me to make her better, he cried at times. He needed to know she had passed & wouldn't be back. I think I was right, he’s not looking for her like he did when I was visiting her in hospital. He is definately sad, getting lots of fuss n cuddles.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
That’s a really lovely thing to do @imsoblue .. I will think of something I can keep close to my heart. Mum gave me dads signet ring, maybe I can get a chain & put that with mums ring, so they are both with me. Now I can grieve for both

Thank you for the hugs ;)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It is strange @love.dad.but.. I have no routine, time just goes, I don’t check my watch or rush around the shop. I stop & listen.

Pooch is getting walked more leisurely & longer different walks. It’s good for us both. Brother has walked with us too.