POA application

Frecks

Dec 2, 2016
Hi all....hope you are all doing as well as possible. I have now been living with dad for a month and its going fine so far, obviously I need patience of a saint with his repetitive stories and him forgetting what I told him minutes before but we are doing ok :)

Quick question...is it easier to complete application for health & well-being POA online or via download & printed out form??

On first glance it seems a lot less hassle via online so just thought I would ask you guys for guidance :) financial POA we did via solicitor and funds are a bit tight so we are opting to do it ourselves...TIA

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
Hi all....hope you are all doing as well as possible. I have now been living with dad for a month and its going fine so far, obviously I need patience of a saint with his repetitive stories and him forgetting what I told him minutes before but we are doing ok :)

Quick question...is it easier to complete application for health & well-being POA online or via download & printed out form??

On first glance it seems a lot less hassle via online so just thought I would ask you guys for guidance :) financial POA we did via solicitor and funds are a bit tight so we are opting to do it ourselves...TIA

Hi Frecks glad to hear things are going okay with your Dad. I'm not sure if you will be able to complete the whole form 'on-line' as you will be required to sign the POA and also your witness will have to sign. So maybe you can fill in all the questions then print it off to complete the signatures bit. I did not involve solicitors at all with both the Financial & Welfare POA's and just had to pay the registration fees, which will help to keep your costs down. Good luck :)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Yes it is a lot less hassle online, if you have a printer, because obviously you'll have to print out the finished product for the signatures. But the online version allows you to save it and return to it at a later date, and if for example you input that there is only one attorney it will automatically cross through the space reserved for more attorney details. It also allows you to copy over the details from one POA to the other, so if you want both the health and the finance one, you only have to fill it in once then copy it over, provided all the details are the same.

Peirre

Aug 26, 2015
The online setup is structured so that there's less chance of making minor mistakes. The only issue I have is that it won't allow me to skip the part (and leave blank) of the nominated person (solicitor etc) who is going sign the form, as I haven't decided who

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
When I completed the LPA process for my wife and myself (it was prior to her actually being diagnosed) - the chap from the memory unit who came to do an initial home visit suggested getting LPAs whilst she was still able to sign the forms - just).

So I logged onto the LPA website and completed both sets (Financial and Health) for both of us.

Some bits were a bit confusing (either with the content or with the process) and I found the LPA helpline very good and understanding. So they may be able to help with the problem of not being able to skip a page?

As you can save and amend as often as you need, I would have thought that you could put something in for now and then amend once you've made up your mind?

Be warned that you'll need a LOT of printer paper and ink!

Phil

Frecks

Dec 2, 2016
Great stuff and thanks for all your replies :)

Yes I will do it online I think then print off and sign...I have printed the form off to fill on and its like a book so online it would be easier to check and correct plus save and go back to if need be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5