But oh those lonely nights .........

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
In readiness for being confined to barracks for a while ...... I have just bought DVDs from the rain forest company ;) as follows:

Downton Abbey, Series 1 - 5
Call The Midwife, Series 5, 2015, plus Christmas Special
Upstairs Downstairs (the original version) Series 2, 3 and 4

For the bargain sum of £20.56! :D I've cleaned the kitchen floor, filed all the various Carols I've been singing, in alphabetical order, and taken Billy for a short stroll.

I went to bed last night at 1 am, and woke at 5 to 10. :eek: Longest uninterrupted sleep I've had for about 15 years. :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Lovely.. Why only those particular series, eg of Upstairs Downstairs? Do you have the others?

I was looking for DVDs to take me from about £15 to the magic (free delivery) figure of over £20, and these fitted the bill. The Downton Abbey set is incredibly cheap. There are 43 episodes for £6!!!! And these are all new DVDs, not my usual "used" ones.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I phoned the hospital, confirmed I was available on the 11th, and the op is definitely being carried out under Local Anaesthetic, so no need to bother anyone with collecting me - I can just get a cab home.

So Billy is being looked after by a neighbour, I've booked the cab to take me to hospital, and even altered my weekly Friday blow-dry to 9 am on Wednesday, the morning of the op, so I shall look my best - well my hair will. ;)

My repeat prescription was due for collection the following week, so I've confirmed with the chemist that I can collect this a week early too, and am having a grocery delivery the day before the op, so I've been as proactive as I can be.

And I shall have a wealth of lovely DVDs to watch. :D

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
I phoned the hospital, confirmed I was available on the 11th, and the op is definitely being carried out under Local Anaesthetic, so no need to bother anyone with collecting me - I can just get a cab home.

So Billy is being looked after by a neighbour, I've booked the cab to take me to hospital, and even altered my weekly Friday blow-dry to 9 am on Wednesday, the morning of the op, so I shall look my best - well my hair will. ;)

My repeat prescription was due for collection the following week, so I've confirmed with the chemist that I can collect this a week early too, and am having a grocery delivery the day before the op, so I've been as proactive as I can be.

And I shall have a wealth of lovely DVDs to watch. :D

Glad everything is going to plan. You will have to look on eb they have lots of DVD bargains. Hope everything goes ok on 11th. Would have been my brother's birthday.
M xxx :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Glad everything is going to plan. You will have to look on eb they have lots of DVD bargains. Hope everything goes ok on 11th. Would have been my brother's birthday.
M xxx :)

I have looked on eb before, but usually buy used ones from the Rain Forest people. ;) My best bargain has been the entire Godfather set, 5 DVDs, including a prequel and info on the making for something like .... 34p! It was used, probably watched once, and £1.26 postage, but had subtitles (vital for me!), and I was delighted.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Scarlett, well done with all the pre-op arrangements. I hope it all goes ahead smoothly now and post-op isn't too uncomfortable. xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Scarlett, well done with all the pre-op arrangements. I hope it all goes ahead smoothly now and post-op isn't too uncomfortable. xxxx

Thank you Sweetie. Sad day today. Visited my lovely friend Gloria, to find she has lost even more weight, in a few days, is very weak, and very low. I can't pretend to understand all the ins and outs, but medication for one illness is causing another to worsen, and after stopping all medication, they are still trying to find the right "cocktail", and introducing things gradually.

We went to see the anti-coagulant nurse at the hospital, then on to the phlebotomist, then the TB nurse, and then the GP's surgery, and I tried to coax her to eat when we returned home, but she couldn't manage more than a mouthful.

I wish I could do more, and feel absolutely useless. And then she cried because she can't be with me next week for my op, and then we both had a good cry, but then had a laugh when I said that we were like a pair of Polly P*ddlers - one of my Mum's expressions.

Thank goodness for laughter.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Scarlett, so sorry to read about Gloria, all these wretched drugs have side effects and one impacts on another. I do hope they can find the right mix that will help her and soon. I'm glad you managed a bit of laughter, that's always a good tonic. I just wish you had someone to be with you next week for a bit of moral support. xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Operation Day!

The Big Day has arrived, and, so far, no cancellation phone call. Have had my hair done this morning, manicure and pedicure on Monday, and have applied my eye make up. ;)

Lots of texts from friends, including my grand-daughter, wishing me luck, but I had an awful night, and feel so alone. Taking Billy down to a neighbour at 11, then my bin bags to another one, so that I don't have to get up early tomorrow to put them out, cab due half an hour later.

Hoping John will watch over me, as I have no idea what I'm going to look like, or feel like after. xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Mahoosive hugs! And very best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take it extremely easy for a while after. You may feel very fragile. Even if you don't - take it easy anyway, it won't do you any harm! xx