Loved ones in a Care Home.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Good evening Scarlett, just got in from CH, Ed is sleeping most of the day now, so l visit evenings he is awake then.
He is on half dose of sedative, but still sleeping alot, Dr. has given him higher dose of Memantine to see if it calms him down, he was very calm tonight, they will try stopping the sedative in a couple of days to see if the Memantine helps with his agitation. He now has a reclining chair in his bedroom as he is going in his room most of the time, carer's can now recline it when he falls asleep, if it works they will remove his bed as there is very little room for both, he hasn't been in a bed for almost a year. Thank you for thinking of me ☺

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015
Pam, I am thinking of you and hope that the reclining chair solves Ed's leg problems - its such worry isn't it. I hope the memantine calms him so he doesnt have to be so heavily sedated. xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Verity and J, yesterday Ed didn't have a sedative, he was very agitated carrying his clothes around with him all day, the reclining chair doesn't recline its very old, l have ordered one from the internet it will arrive on Tues, hope he is going to use it, he wouldn't sit in the one the home gave him.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you Verity and J, yesterday Ed didn't have a sedative, he was very agitated carrying his clothes around with him all day, the reclining chair doesn't recline its very old, l have ordered one from the internet it will arrive on Tues, hope he is going to use it, he wouldn't sit in the one the home gave him.

So sorry to read of Ed's agitation. Hoping that the new recliner chair will help xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Ed has got his new recliner, last night he slept 7hrs in it, just had a call from CH, carer's relined it he did not know, l am so relieved that at last he will get some much needed sleep, the manager said he is asleep in the chair now, she said he is laying back like a king☺ they give him one sedative a day now hopefully l will have some less stressful days.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Ed has got his new recliner, last night he slept 7hrs in it, just had a call from CH, carer's relined it he did not know, l am so relieved that at last he will get some much needed sleep, the manager said he is asleep in the chair now, she said he is laying back like a king☺ they give him one sedative a day now hopefully l will have some less stressful days.

Oh Pam , that sounds lovely and you must be so pleased :) Lets hope poor Eddie will continue to sleep in his "special chair" . Much love to you both xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Heike, hope all goes well with your back, l do read your thread, pleased John is doing well.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you Heike, hope all goes well with your back, l do read your thread, pleased John is doing well.

Aww thank you Pam :) so hoping you will finally be able to relax a bit more and not be full of worry all the time . Big hugs xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex

Oh how marvellous for you Pam. :) Fingers crossed that today will be less stressful for you xxx

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside

That's fab Pam :)

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Scarlett and Verity, Ed seems to be stuck to the chair now doesn't want to leave it, he did let me sit in it, so comfortable, l do hope this isn't the begining of the end, he has cut himself off from the other residents, he has been spending alot of time in his bedroom, since his chair has been in there he hasn't come out of his room. I will try and get him out today.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you Scarlett and Verity, Ed seems to be stuck to the chair now doesn't want to leave it, he did let me sit in it, so comfortable, l do hope this isn't the begining of the end, he has cut himself off from the other residents, he has been spending alot of time in his bedroom, since his chair has been in there he hasn't come out of his room. I will try and get him out today.

It sounds like Ed has found a nice cocoon for himself, where he can lay, in supreme comfort, in his chair, feeling safe, in his own world. Nobody knows what goes through the minds of our loved ones who are at Ed's stage.

I often wondered if John thought, or dreamt in whole sentences, and it was preferable to stay in his chair, rather than leaving this sanctuary and having to cope with "strangers" who spoke a language he couldn't understand. xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Ed has been relaxing in his new chair today, its 9.20pm l am still here with him, Oh how l wish he was happy all the time, today he has been so good, l must enjoy the time now, tomorrow it could all change, thought you would like a photo, he is still suited and booted ☺

Attachments

• 1467404639821.jpg
    1467404639821.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 468

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh Pam - how smart he looks. :) And he does seem to be relaxing in Supreme Comfort, doesn't he? Glad today has gone so well for you both. Long may it last xxx