The last straw.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Glad you had a good start to the day bemused. Don't know if you have got the grey sky and rain but it looks like a good day to stay in after Jess has been walked. Hope the lovely girl and you and your hubby are well.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Morning bemused :). Hope everything is ok?

Good morning cat. Things are OK. Been a good week so far carerwise (shhhh) all calls filled except Sunday morning. Hadn't happened for nearly six months. New sheets are a huge benefit, my back is recovering so I'm hoping to be able to get the tip that is my home in some sort of order.
Hubs is having a bit of a downturn atm so hoping he snaps out of it soon. Not difficult but so withdrawn and unreachable.
Jess is doing very well, keeping going much better than I expected. So all under control here.
You don't say much about yourself these days, hope all is well with youxxx

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I'm glad things are going well & I hope your hubs picks up soon.
I'm ok thanks. Dad's just being difficult as usual.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Good news on the carer front Bemused, but sorry to read your husband is not so good. Hope things improve. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Sorry about hubs. I can empathise about the withdrawal. We've been through spells of this and it's frustrating as you feel so powerless when it's so hard to get any real reponse.

But it's good news re the carers. Here's hoping it will last.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you both. I think this withdrawal is the hardest. If its the result of an infection, there's a reason. For this there isn't, just another inexorable step down . hopefully it won't last too long

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
My husband is withdrawn at the moment as well bemused, like you, don't know if it's temporary, but it is hard. I wonder whether it is something to do with the miserable weather or the dark nights. Hope your husband picks up soon, I know you enjoy his special smiles:)

Glad to hear good news on other fronts, excellent that the new sheets are so effective.
Love to you all and a special pat for Jess.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I think dismal weather can have an effect on us all so it would not be a surprise es. I looked out of the window at about 9.15 and it was still not really daylight! Fortunately it improved quickly but don't suppose it will last.

I blame that stupid US idea of giving storms names. That's just asking for trouble.:)

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I think dismal weather can have an effect on us all so it would not be a surprise es. I looked out of the window at about 9.15 and it was still not really daylight! Fortunately it improved quickly but don't suppose it will last.

I blame that stupid US idea of giving storms names. That's just asking for trouble.:)[/QUOTE
That made me laugh Stanley. ]

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
My husband is withdrawn at the moment as well bemused, like you, don't know if it's temporary, but it is hard. I wonder whether it is something to do with the miserable weather or the dark nights. Hope your husband picks up soon, I know you enjoy his special smiles:)

Glad to hear good news on other fronts, excellent that the new sheets are so effective.
Love to you all and a special pat for Jess.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Es, let's hope all the withdrawn ones come back to us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this week wasn't just a flash in the pan.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I'm just adding today's post to this thread to keep it somewhere I can find it.
So a month ago I told the agency care coordinator I could mange the occasional call on my own but not two days in a row. And that I needed someone to just sit with my husband 5days a week while I took Jess out.
So of the 4 weeks following, two have been fully covered, two had an afternoon call missing. So last Sunday my Rota says everything covered.great.
Come weds one of the girls says she has been asked to work at the weekend because they have loaded everything for the whole weekend on just one person, a physical impossibility. She couldn't because they left it too late and shed made other arrangements. On Friday morning one of the other girls told me the same and she has also made other arrangements.
Come friday lunchtime I get a phone call from the coordinator, the one girl who was working this weekend was 'full of cold' and did I want her to come because there was no one else.. She was supposed to be doing fri pm and sat,Sun am and pm. Smell a rat yet? They know perfectly well that I won't have carers who have obviously got colds because ohs health is precarious. So now I have no help this weekend at all and a whiter than white agency who can say , well it wasn't our fault we gave her the choice and she turned it down.
Livid beyond words, not only that I have no help but because they made a,massive mess of things and are devious enough to know that I will not take risks with hubs health or for that matter my own. They are screwing every penny they can out of us but we are the only self funders in this area and we get the worst service. Got us over a barrel because there is no other agency will take on hubs care because they are all at capacity. Sickening

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
So sorry to read this Bemused. I know how much trouble you've had with this agency in the past and it did seem that recently they'd been a bit better - as you suggest. I think you're extraordinary to manage as you do in these circumstances.

Any news re the CHC idea?

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
So sorry to read this Bemused. I know how much trouble you've had with this agency in the past and it did seem that recently they'd been a bit better - as you suggest. I think you're extraordinary to manage as you do in these circumstances.

Any news re the CHC idea?

I was hoping it was behind us Stanley but while they have such rubbish management I don't think k it will get any better.
No haven't heard about chc I suspect knowing this area the idea was withdrawn. If it comes to anything it will be a pleasant surprise.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Sadly it never ends. Just when you think things are working almost smoothly off they go again. Leaving me with no help at all is hard on me but my husband is the one who pays the most, it takes longer while I run round and round the bed, he gets colder, he has to be propped into position for much longer.
Care agencies is a misnomer of giant proportions.
And we are all caught in the trap one way or another.