the long wait for something

mhw

Apr 4, 2024
mum is completely unresponsive mouth open and breathing fluctuating as if snoring. as of yesterday afternoon, she is very warm
i have just been back for three hour sleep
We have days when we visit and my mum is still in bed, mouth open looking ashen, even as far as the death rattle sound in her throat, you cant stir her, neither can the nurses. You think it's the beginning of the end from the look of them. Then you turn up the next time and shes sitting in the lounger having been hoisted out of bed, and sucking her way thru a pink panther wafer biscuit.
I've given up trying to work out when. I just know one day it will. And the more ' nearly dead' days seem to have no bearing on whether a pink wafer day is on the cards the next. Its hellish. I just know one day that phone call will come and until then only the care homes are happy with the situation. 💰💰💰💰💰

Saralara

Mar 10, 2024
We have days when we visit and my mum is still in bed, mouth open looking ashen, even as far as the death rattle sound in her throat, you cant stir her, neither can the nurses. You think it's the beginning of the end from the look of them. Then you turn up the next time and shes sitting in the lounger having been hoisted out of bed, and sucking her way thru a pink panther wafer biscuit.
I've given up trying to work out when. I just know one day it will. And the more ' nearly dead' days seem to have no bearing on whether a pink wafer day is on the cards the next. Its hellish. I just know one day that phone call will come and until then only the care homes are happy with the situation. 💰💰💰💰💰
@mhw I have also experienced this with my mum about 5 months ago. The rattling breathing and not eating. Now she's up and down with her energy, one or two days sleeping in bed then I visit and she's up, in the dayroom eating lunch!
I never really know quite what to expect. It's so hard and nerve racking at times, but I feel lucky that the staff at her current NH are such lovely individuals and look after her.

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
I asked he nurse to come in and see her and she says its hour by hour now.
thanks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
mum is completely unresponsive mouth open and breathing fluctuating as if snoring. as of yesterday afternoon, she is very warm
That sounds like Cheyne Stokes breathing and is, indeed a sign of the very end
Stay strong
(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
mum started with the morphine injections on my request last night around 12.40 , she only had a second one this morning at 11, I think it should have been sooner and got the nurse to come to her twice.
she seems comfortable now, surely it can not be much longer

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
mum started with the morphine injections on my request last night around 12.40 , she only had a second one this morning at 11, I think it should have been sooner and got the nurse to come to her twice.
she seems comfortable now, surely it can not be much longer
It’s so tough, my mum has had her morphine patch increased today, she looks a million miles away, not a sound when the carers came to see her this morning, I’m a broken mess 😢

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
they seem so reticent to administer the Morphine i dont know why , she needs to go peacefully its more than time

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
muggers you are a wonderful human being, wishing you both peace and love xx
Right back at ya Jane, the days seem to get longer don’t you think, I dread the night, but we will keep going, sending you virtual hugs. Xx

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
Right back at ya Jane, the days seem to get longer don’t you think, I dread the night, but we will keep going, sending you virtual hugs. Xx
hi we are here spending all my time persuading them to give pain relief ..at 4pm they agreed to set up a syringe driver at eight when the
last morphine dose finished. we are still waiting as the nurse has got to go to another home to get a battery.
take care.xx

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
hi we are here spending all my time persuading them to give pain relief ..at 4pm they agreed to set up a syringe driver at eight when the
last morphine dose finished. we are still waiting as the nurse has got to go to another home to get a battery.
take care.xx
That is just wrong, no one should be left waiting in pain, surely their are other health professionals who can sort out the syringe driver, everything is a battle, I do hope you get sorted soon. Thinking of you whilst I watch the clock wondering what the night will bring, praying for peace for our loved ones. Xx

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
hi driver done at midnight but takes time to take effect, so trying to ask for a breakthrough dose.
she has had a long night of pain, surety it doesnt have to be like this

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
That is just wrong, no one should be left waiting in pain, surely their are other health professionals who can sort out the syringe driver, everything is a battle, I do hope you get sorted soon. Thinking of you whilst I watch the clock wondering what the night will bring, praying for peace for our loved ones. Xx
oh gosh thinking of you we made it through he night now ...who knows im sure its close, I managed to get the extra injection and mu has been still and calm since 3am, I even had to argue a little o get that to

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
hi driver done at midnight but takes time to take effect, so trying to ask for a breakthrough dose.
she has had a long night of pain, surety it doesnt have to be like this
Hiya, how is she doing? How are you coping? X
Just going to my mums now, I even had a robin in my garden this morning, maybe another sign. Xx

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
oh my goodness mum is still hanging on I have no idea . Im not coping at all just going back to her now,

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
oh my goodness mum is still hanging on I have no idea . Im not coping at all just going back to her now,
I have been with my mum this morning and she has completely blown me away, there was no acknowledgment with me or the carers and then when I got up to leave I bent down to kiss her, she took my hand and said whispered ‘wait a minute, aunt Dolly is coming tonight’, aunt Dolly is who I would call nana, she adopted my mum and brought her up, how bazar, imagine if something does happen tonight 🤦🏻‍♀️ Mum is extremely week, I’m going back at 3:30. Xx
Where do they get this strength from. Xx

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
i have no words , no response to anything for 2 days with mum, I didn't think I would see her this afternoon.
but she seems to be in no pian