So, what’s my Pauline been up to today?

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
I have a ‘waiver’ on signature for OH, I put the X in the box for him (likelihood of him managing an X and getting it in the right box minimal) and just put in the envelope and send off. Like Pauline he still wants to vote and definitely still has ‘opinions’.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
If not satisfied with the signature they will ask for a further signature if you post vote early enough, signatures are verified on receipt.

For future postal voting If the signature is inconsistent she, or you on her behalf, can apply for a signature waver, if granted 'waver' will be printed in the signature box.
Thank you @nitram I had no idea of that, appreciated.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I have a ‘waiver’ on signature for OH, I put the X in the box for him (likelihood of him managing an X and getting it in the right box minimal) and just put in the envelope and send off. Like Pauline he still wants to vote and definitely still has ‘opinions’.
another thing to be aware of and never considered, than you

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Thank you @nitram I had no idea of that, appreciated.
It allows Pauline to use her right to vote.
Certain people forfeit this right, most are obvious although one group is not so obvious.
'Paregraph2.2
Certain categories of people are disqualified from voting at a parliamentary election. These are: peers with seats in the House of Lords,1 aliens, persons under 18 years of age, convicted persons during the period of their detention in a penal institution (or mental hospital) in pursuance of their sentence,2 and persons found guilty of corrupt or illegal practices at elections.3 The common law rule preventing those with mental impairments from voting was abolished by the Electoral Administration Act 2006 (c 22), s 73(1).'
(My red)

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Yesterday was, strangely enough, just as fraught as all the other Thursdays, Daycare day and yet very different. This was the first time her son took her for the afternoon and yet I still got the built up tensions, moods, and temper tantrums. Once he arrived she went with him ok but ignored me totally and the same on their return when she just wouldn’t engage although no nasty stuff. Apparently he took her to see her two ex sister-in-laws who she has consistently refused to visit when I have suggested it and she was well and chatty throughout I am told.
Next Thursday is a Dementia showing of ‘Summer Holiday’ and he can take her there. As I gave the daycare center notice of pausing her attendance for 2 weeks the quandary arises about from then on as, if I cancel and he stops taking her I will have lost her placing, and its very hard to get onto any of daycare centres around here and so it would be goodbye to my half day respite time.
I just have a feeling it will all end not well for me, I don’t know why!

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I’m afraid @Agzy my suggestion won’t go down well with Pauline - but will meet your needs and hers in the long run.

I suggest you keep the place and keep taking Pauline as you were doing PLUS organsising her son to take her out for a few hours per week.

that way you get more respite and Pauline gets used to more people helping with her care. I know that’s not what she wants and will protest but being frank will be needed in time.

Otherwise as you say I fear it will not end well for you and in the end Pauline as you are likely to need to rest for your own health at some point.

Easy for me to say though not having to implement myself!

Ps did you ever get a carers assessment?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i would keep her at day care, could her son do another afternoon to take he out or even sit with her then you could have 2 respites. i have 2 x 2 1/2 breaks a week when he goes to the shed and need both just to reset.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I’m afraid @Agzy my suggestion won’t go down well with Pauline - but will meet your needs and hers in the long run.

I suggest you keep the place and keep taking Pauline as you were doing PLUS organsising her son to take her out for a few hours per week.

that way you get more respite and Pauline gets used to more people helping with her care. I know that’s not what she wants and will protest but being frank will be needed in time.

Otherwise as you say I fear it will not end well for you and in the end Pauline as you are likely to need to rest for your own health at some point.

Easy for me to say though not having to implement myself!

Ps did you ever get a carers assessment?
Absolutely how I am thinking as how can he commit to ‘every’ Thursday morning, ad finitum? Need to have an awkward chat I think, thank you @sdmhred