So sad

Lovegardening*

May 24, 2024
Hi, sister has recently been diagnosed with alzeihmers and it seems to be progressing really quickly. She is only mid sixties.
Grief of losing my sister and best friend is really strong the last few days but I'm sure I'll be fine again soon. How selfish am I though? It's my sister who is ill.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Lovegardening*

I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. You’re not at all selfish. You both need understanding and support. I hope being a member here helps. I know you’ll find understanding and support here.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Not selfish at all, thank you, simple as that, what you've done sounds so very kind.
Thank you. K

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
Hi, sister has recently been diagnosed with alzeihmers and it seems to be progressing really quickly. She is only mid sixties.
Grief of losing my sister and best friend is really strong the last few days but I'm sure I'll be fine again soon. How selfish am I though? It's my sister who is ill.
she is, the one who has the disease, but you are the one who have to watch and be strong. it is a big ask, so, no, not selfish. we all feel the enormity of it. hugs, and just upload here. you will be understood