short term memory

Charlie bougie

Feb 6, 2024
For us his short term memory is sad he tries so hard to make it easier by writing a list of things we are going to do the next day. But long term is fine he remember his army days service rife number and high school poems. Life is a mix of emotions but he's still a kind. Stay strong and be safe

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
For us his short term memory is sad he tries so hard to make it easier by writing a list of things we are going to do the next day. But long term is fine he remember his army days service rife number and high school poems. Life is a mix of emotions but he's still a kind. Stay strong and be safe
Glad to hear yours is still kind. Must make life so much easier. Not that Dementia is ever easy but kindness makes it easier to want to help and love someone when they are going through such terrible times.
You stay strong and safe too x

Natalie J

Apr 15, 2024
Apart from the effort needed to get out, and indeed to play badminton on a Friday evening, you shouldn’t not go there because you might forget people’s names or what they spoke about the previous week. Nobody would expect you to remember what they told you in the previous weeks! Even if they did, you just say “I’ve had a hectic week” or “I’m pretty tired tonight and the brain’s not working as well as it should!”. There’s no shame in forgetting things like that, you expect too much from yourself @Natalie J !
@Banjomansmate just a quick note to say thank you. I went to badminton tonight as a result of 'speaking' to you, and had the most wonderful time! I know I expect too much from myself in certain areas of life, but hadn't recognised it as an issue here, and it wouldn't have crossed my mind if it weren't for your response. I loved your examples of things to say, and when I read your message I thought, well that's an alternative view... Very different to what I was thinking... There is of course always a chance I could be wrong and this person is right, and wouldn't that be good... Maybe I should just go. My goodness I'm so glad I went! It's been a lousy week but for those two hours my whole world changed, and I felt nothing but joy! Thank you so much. xx

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
That’s a really lovely post @Natalie J so pleased you had a very enjoyable time. I find most people don’t remember what you’ve told them anyway, or aren’t listening very attentively to begin with. And I am just the same, it’s just being human.
Have a good weekend too

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
@Banjomansmate just a quick note to say thank you. I went to badminton tonight as a result of 'speaking' to you, and had the most wonderful time! I know I expect too much from myself in certain areas of life, but hadn't recognised it as an issue here, and it wouldn't have crossed my mind if it weren't for your response. I loved your examples of things to say, and when I read your message I thought, well that's an alternative view... Very different to what I was thinking... There is of course always a chance I could be wrong and this person is right, and wouldn't that be good... Maybe I should just go. My goodness I'm so glad I went! It's been a lousy week but for those two hours my whole world changed, and I felt nothing but joy! Thank you so much. xx
:D 👍 👏
I’m so pleased I was able to give you an alternative view!