Say Hello.

Lyndy Lou 63

Mar 8, 2024
Hi I've just joined and really need a release for the way I feel about my mum at the moment. She is 88 and has vascular dementia. Her whole personality has changed and continually changes from week to week and sometimes hour to hour. She slags me off says I don't care enough for her or about her and that I am very selfish.
I feel like my mumhas died and an evil witch has taken over her body! How do I manage this?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Same way the rest of do, you just do what you have to keep on keeping on.
That said if you need help just ask the fact you've posted on here is a start. Take care. K

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Lyndy Lou 63 and welcome to the Dementia Support Forum. First of all, thank you for your thoughtful reply to another new member, Gina, I am sure that it will be appreciated.
I am so sorry to read about your mum and how nasty she is being to you. This is all too common when people have any form of dementia and is so hard to bear. The recommended strategy is to develop a thick skin and to try to ignore the hurtful remarks but it is not easy when our loved ones behave in that way.
Please have a word with your mum’s GP to see if they can suggest any medication that might help calm her down. Please also look after yourself and take time to do activities that you enjoy.